Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Rajiv Ranjan <Ra...@mindtree.com> on 2004/06/14 11:39:50 UTC

[users@httpd] Need help with mod_auth_ldap and mod_rewrite

Hi,

I have a site on a different server to which
I am proxing using mod_rewrite (rewrite rules).
For the authentication, I am using mod_auth_ldap.

But I have found a peculiar problem with my configuration.
If the user gives right credentials for logging in very first time,
he is allowed into the site and there are no issues at all.
But for the first time if I give wrong username and password,
I am prompted to re-enter my credentials. This time even if I give
right username and password, I am not allowed into the site.

So, I close the browser and reopen it. On giving the proxy url,
I am prompted for my credentials and on giving the right one am
taken to the site but the HTTP authentication box just keeps
pooping up on clicking any link on my site.

I have build apache 2.0.49 on redhat 9.

Any pointers on why is this happening and how can I avoid it?

Cheers,
Rajiv.

DISCLAIMER:
This message (including attachment if any) is confidential and may be privileged. Before opening attachments please check them for viruses and defects. MindTree Consulting Private Limited (MindTree) will not be responsible for any viruses or defects or any forwarded attachments emanating either from within MindTree or outside. If you have received this message by mistake please notify the sender by return  e-mail and delete this message from your system. Any unauthorized use or dissemination of this message in whole or in part is strictly prohibited.  Please note that e-mails are susceptible to change and MindTree shall not be liable for any improper, untimely or incomplete transmission.