Posted to user@ant.apache.org by ndario <da...@yahoo.com> on 2008/11/26 15:53:49 UTC

how to use ?

Hello,

I want to copy a set of files to a directory which is dynamically generated.
I know only a part of name of that directory, it looks like this "tmp*abc":

tmp24235abc
tmp76957abc
tmp556abc
tmp6344abc

I need to copy files to a directory which has latest creation date. I guess
it would be possible with <sort> and <first> elements but I have no idea how
to use it? This example

  <copy todir="dest" flatten="true">
    <first count="2">
      <sort>
        <date
xmlns="antlib:org.apache.tools.ant.types.resources.comparators"/>
        <resources>
          <file file="src_dir/file1.txt"/>
          <file file="src_dir/file2.txt"/>
          <file file="src_dir/file3.txt"/>
          <url url="http://ant.apache.org/index.html"/>
        </resources>
      </sort>
    </first>
  </copy>

finds latest file and copies it to the destination, but I want the oposite.
I need to determine correct destination.

Could anybody give me a hint how to use <first>, please.

Thanks

RE: how to use ?

Posted by "Rebhan, Gilbert" <Gi...@huk-coburg.de>.

I want to copy a set of files to a directory which is dynamically generated.
I know only a part of name of that directory, it looks like this "tmp*abc":

tmp24235abc
tmp76957abc
tmp556abc
tmp6344abc

I need to copy files to a directory which has latest creation date. I guess
it would be possible with <sort> and <first> elements but I have no idea how
to use it? This example

*/

if you're able to use antcontrib, you use the timestampselector like that =

<timestampselector property="most.recent.dir" count="1">
  <path>
    <dirset dir="Y:/">
      <include name="tmp*" />
    </dirset>
  </path>
</timestampselector>

<echo>$${most.recent.dir} = ${most.recent.dir}</echo>

and the most.recent.dir property has the directory
you're are searching for.

Don't know if there's an alternative with ant 1.7.1, as i still
use ant 1.6.5 and still had no time to explore the new features.

Regards, Gilbert

Re: how to use ?

Posted by ndario <da...@yahoo.com>.
I finally made it!!!
It took lot of tries and errors, someone may find this usefull:

<pathconvert property="lastDir">
	<first>
		<sort>
			<dirset id="deployPattern" dir="${temp.dir}">
				<include name="tmp*abc" />
			</dirset>
			<reverse xmlns="antlib:org.apache.tools.ant.types.resources.comparators">
				<date />
			</reverse>
		</sort>
	</first>
</pathconvert>

<!--
<echo message="${lastDir}" />
-->

<copy todir="${lastDir}"
		verbose="true"
		includeEmptyDirs="false">
	<fileset dir="${src.dir}" includes="**/*.txt" />
</copy>

AW: ****SPAM**** how to use ?

Posted by "Knuplesch, Juergen" <Ju...@icongmbh.de>.
Who creates this dir?
Who knows the name?

The best way is to pass the information on to your antfile.

--
Jürgen Knuplesch