Posted to pubscribe-user@ws.apache.org by yin zx <sy...@yahoo.co.jp> on 2006/04/26 08:31:30 UTC

Must the client side of Pubscribe be a web service?

Dear all:

Must the client side of Pubscribe be a web service? Is it
possible to subscrible a topic with a normal java
application then get the topic from the publisher?

What I want to do is to implement a subscribe-publish
pattern without installing Pubscribe (or Axis and so on)
on client side, since that is too "heavy" to it.

Thanks

Yin

Re: Must the client side of Pubscribe be a web service?

Posted by Kinga Dziembowski <kd...@gmail.com>.
You can subscribe and give as a destination any URI including filesystem.
Look at \muse-1.0\examples\enterprise\requests look at any requests starting
with Subscribe. You will find in the definition of ConsumerReference file as
the destination of notifications.

 <m:ConsumerReference>
    <m0:Address>file:///C:/demo
    </m0:Address>
    <m0:ReferenceProperties/>
   </m:ConsumerReference>

It is probably not the best production scenario but for the
development,debugging is perfect!!!
Kinga