Posted to user@syncope.apache.org by "Dalrymple, Philip" <pw...@mdtsoft.com> on 2019/09/16 12:19:39 UTC

Not able to create a resource

I now have a running Syncope system and my next step is to configure provisioning to two testing
Active Directory Realms (Domains), one with a Windows DC the other with Samba DC.

I created Implementations for all of the different types that had a java method and than
created the connectors for each of my AD realms. When I tried to add a resource to the first
DC I got an exception event though I filled in each of the fields in the wizard. The exception:

java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: org.apache.syncope.common.lib.SyncopeClientException: ConnectorException [ConfigurationException: The list of base contexts cannot be empty]

I have read through the reference doc but have not found any reference to what I am doing wrong.

I have written any groovy nor any custom java at this time. The installation was done using the
Maven Archetype method. The only changes from the default where:

1) change the Admin password and method.

2) configure the postgresql password.

3) turn to false the two cross site scripting flags to allow reverse proxy

Thanks

--
This email, and any files transmitted with it, are confidential
whom they are addressed.  If you have received this email in error,

3480 Preston Ridge Road
Suite 450
Alpharetta, GA 30005

Philip W. Dalrymple III <pw...@mdtsoft.com>
MDT Software - Automation Management Company
+1 678 297 1001
Fax +1 678 297 1003

Re: Not able to create a resource

On 16/09/19 14:19, Dalrymple, Philip wrote:
> I now have a running Syncope system and my next step is to configure provisioning to two testing
> Active Directory Realms (Domains), one with a Windows DC the other with Samba DC.
>
> I created Implementations for all of the different types that had a java method and than
> created the connectors for each of my AD realms. When I tried to add a resource to the first
> DC I got an exception event though I filled in each of the fields in the wizard. The exception:
>
> java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: org.apache.syncope.common.lib.SyncopeClientException: ConnectorException [ConfigurationException: The list of base contexts cannot be empty]
>
> I have read through the reference doc but have not found any reference to what I am doing wrong.
>
> I have written any groovy nor any custom java at this time. The installation was done using the
> Maven Archetype method. The only changes from the default where:
>
> 1) change the Admin password and method.
>
> 2) configure the postgresql password.
>
> 3) turn to false the two cross site scripting flags to allow reverse proxy

Hi,
since you are configuring AD, I'd suggest this post by Andrea Patricelli:

https://www.tirasa.net/en/blog/syncope-basics-manage-active-directory

Anyway, the error message

"The list of base contexts cannot be empty"

shouldn't be hard to decode: it seems you have set no values under "Base contexts" or similar configuration property.
Anyway, look at the sample configuration provided by the post linked above.

Regards.

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò

Tirasa - Open Source Excellence