Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by nquirynen <na...@pensionarchitects.be> on 2012/03/30 14:14:19 UTC

Implement chat function

Hi,

For our current project we need a kind of customer service chat function. A
logged in user can see if there is an admin online and can start a
one-to-one chat (simple text).

Is there already something made for Tapestry like this? Or who can help me
with some pointers on how to start working on this (any APIs you recommend,
etc.).

Thanks,
Nathan

Re: Implement chat function

Posted by Markus Feindler <Ma...@gmx.de>.
You might consider using xmpp, if it should be scalable.

Re: Implement chat function

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, 30 Mar 2012 09:34:56 -0300, Lance Java <la...@googlemail.com>
wrote:

> AFAIK tapestry does not support ajax push AKA reverse ajax.
>
> I can recommend DWR
> http://directwebremoting.org/dwr/documentation/reverse-ajax/index.html

The mailing list archives have someone, I don't recall who, integrating
Tapestry with DWR.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
and instructor