Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Marty Landman <ML...@face2interface.com> on 2005/06/19 19:10:24 UTC

[users@httpd] want index.cgi as directory default

Hi,

I've got a virtual host set up and would like it to run

http://yoyomaplayscello/EyesBehindTheBar/Spotter/index.cgi

when requesting

http://yoyomaplayscello/EyesBehindTheBar/Spotter/

I am able to run index.html by default from the directory, but after rem'g
index.html and verifying that index.cgi runs when pointing the browser at
it explicitly, it won't run from the directory. The error log says

[Sun Jun 19 11:53:52 2005] [error] [client 192.168.0.1] Directory index
forbidden by rule: /mnt/web/guide/howami/www/EyesBehindTheBar/Spotter/

Here's my VirtualHost directive:

<VirtualHost *>
         ServerName      yoyomaplayscello
         User            dad
         Group           dad
         DocumentRoot    /mnt/web/guide/howami/www
         <Directory "/mnt/web/guide/howami/www">
                 Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
                 Options +Includes +ExecCGI
                 AllowOverride All
                 Options None
                 Order allow,deny
                 Allow from all
         </Directory>
         ScriptAlias     /cgibin/ "/mnt/web/guide/howami/cgibin/"
         ScriptAlias     /cgi-bin/ "/mnt/web/guide/howami/cgibin/"
         <Directory "/mnt/web/guide/howami/cgibin">
                 AllowOverride All
                 Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
                 Order allow,deny
                 Allow from all
         </Directory>
</VirtualHost>

___

Thanks in advance.

Marty

Marty Landman, Face 2 Interface Inc. 845-679-9387
Search & Sort Easily: http://face2interface.com/Products/FormATable.shtml
Web Installed Formmail: http://face2interface.com/formINSTal

Re: [users@httpd] want index.cgi as directory default

Posted by Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com>.
On 6/19/05, Marty Landman <ML...@face2interface.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've got a virtual host set up and would like it to run
>
> http://yoyomaplayscello/EyesBehindTheBar/Spotter/index.cgi
>
> when requesting
>
> http://yoyomaplayscello/EyesBehindTheBar/Spotter/
>
> I am able to run index.html by default from the directory, but after rem'g
> index.html and verifying that index.cgi runs when pointing the browser at
> it explicitly, it won't run from the directory. The error log says
>
> [Sun Jun 19 11:53:52 2005] [error] [client 192.168.0.1] Directory index
> forbidden by rule: /mnt/web/guide/howami/www/EyesBehindTheBar/Spotter/

DirectoryIndex index.cgi

Joshua.

Re: [users@httpd] want index.cgi as directory default

Posted by Eimantas Vaičiūnas <ei...@sc.vu.lt>.
I see no DirectoryIndex directive.

DirectoryIndex	index.cgi
--
Su pagarba,
Eimantas Vaičiūnas

Re: [users@httpd] want index.cgi as directory default

Posted by Marian Marinov <ha...@hydra.azilian.net>.
You can simply use:
DirectoryIndex index.cgi index.html
in your Vhost configuration.

На 19.6.2005 20:10 Marty Landman написа: