Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Jim Correia <ji...@pobox.com> on 2004/02/23 21:18:22 UTC

can't load dump'd then filtered repository

I've an svn newbie so I'm trying out some of the different aspects of
the software. I'm using 1.0 built from the source tarball on Mac OS X
10.3.2 (Berkeley DB 4.2)

With a particular tree I'm having a problem with dump, filter, load.

Here's the sequence of steps:

svnadmin create repos1

import into the repos

svnadmin dump repos1 > dump
svndumpfilter include some/path < dump > dumpclean

svnadmin create repos2
svnadmin load repos2 < dumpclean

I'm consistently getting (but only with one directory tree used as a
test, not another)

<<< Started new transaction, based on original revision 1
      * adding path : WebSites/foo.example.com' ...svn: File not found:
transaction '1', path 'WebSites/foo.example.com'

and it fails.

Are there any known bugs with this round-trip process?

Does this ring a bell with anyone so I can narrow down what to look for
when trying to set up a test tree to reproduce the problem on a smaller
scale?

If I diff the two dump files, is there anything interesting I should be
looking for?

Thanks,
Jim