Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by George Brooks <tr...@gmail.com> on 2020/04/09 15:24:39 UTC

Git status difference between build and command line

A PHP project in Netbeans 11.1 shows git status as "- nothing to commit,
working directory clean". After building
NetBeans-dev-20200408-f9b9f0698fa3-release, Netbeans Team->Diff->Diff to
HEAD shows a set of files claimed to be modified. At the command line,
however, git status continues to show "- nothing to commit, working
directory clean."

System is Windows 10, build 18363.720. Build created in a Ubuntu 18 VM,
openjdk 11.0.6.

Is this a bug or a configuration error on my part?

Re: Git status difference between build and command line

Posted by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 20 May 2020 at 17:58, George Brooks <tr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It looks like the issue has been fixed in Windows!. I've tried both Netbeans 11.3 & 12.0-beta4 with three different java versions (11.02, 11.04, 14). Each of the six combinations showed the project's Diff to HEAD empty. The Windows build here is 18363.778.

Well, if correct, that's oddly timely! :-)

The PR for JGit 5.5.1 was merged yesterday and will be in 12.0.

https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pull/2026

Think there was a bit of confusion here because of the 5.7.x PR
needing more looking at after freeze.

Best wishes,

Neil

Re: Git status difference between build and command line

Posted by George Brooks <tr...@gmail.com>.
It looks like the issue has been fixed in Windows!. I've tried both
Netbeans 11.3 & 12.0-beta4 with three different java versions (11.02,
11.04, 14). Each of the six combinations showed the project's Diff to HEAD
empty. The Windows build here is 18363.778.

On a side note: I installed the released version 1.0 of Windows Terminal.
In PowerShell git status is nothing to commit. In WSL/Ubuntu, however, it
shows multiple files as changed. With the same version of Ubuntu in a
Hyper-V VM on this machine git status is nothing to commit. So the issue
has moved from Netbeans to Windows. Oh what fun!

George

--
George W Brooks
Truckee Solutions

Re: Git status difference between build and command line

Posted by George Brooks <tr...@gmail.com>.

--
George W Brooks
Truckee Solutions

Re: Git status difference between build and command line

Posted by George Brooks <tr...@gmail.com>.
Thanks. Looks promising.

Posted by Peter Hull <pe...@gmail.com>.

Posted by George Brooks <tr...@gmail.com>.
Hi.

Posted by George Brooks <tr...@gmail.com>.
 IDE log shows "org.eclipse.jgit [5.5.0 5.5.0.201909110433-r]", so I assume
my situation matches.

Posted by Peter Hull <pe...@gmail.com>.
Hi George,