Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Cervi, Anthony (PCLN-NW)" <An...@priceline.com> on 2004/06/28 17:25:13 UTC

axis and ibm's 1.3.1 jdk...

i've successfully used axis to build a client for microsoft's mappoint .net web service using sun's 1.4.2 jdk.  my company has standardized on ibm's 1.31. jdk so i was forced to recompile.  now i am getting an error when communicating with the mappoint service.

here's the error: ";nested exception is: java.net.ProtocolException: Server redirected too many times (20)".

i followed instructions from the mappoint website that detailed using axis with mappoint.  it required that i build a custom http sender class derived from basichandler to provide authentication required by mappoint.  the article is: http://www.devx.com/mappoint/Article/20419

i hope someone can shed some light on this for me.  i'm a new java developer moving from the microsoft c++/com world and this is my first project.

thanks.

Re: axis and ibm's 1.3.1 jdk...

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
use CommonsHTTPSender instead of their a custom http sender class
(search mailing list / wiki for info on how to do this)

-- dims