Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by robnangle <ro...@gmail.com> on 2010/11/30 11:16:43 UTC

First Tapestry app with Hibernate

Hi all,
Sorry if this has been posted before.

Ive been trying to get going with a few examples of hibernate with tapestry
with no success.

The two main errors i keep gettin are:

org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.TransformationException:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.apache.tapestry5.hibernate.annotations.CommitAfter

org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.TransformationException:
javassist.NotFoundException: org.hibernate.Session (when i take out the
commit after)

HbAction.java:

package hb.pages;

import java.util.List;

import org.apache.tapestry5.hibernate.annotations.CommitAfter;
import org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.annotations.Inject;
import org.hibernate.Session;
import Entities.Hello;

public class HbAction {

	@Inject
	private Session _session;

	private Hello   current;

	@CommitAfter
	public void onAction() {
		Hello h = new Hello();
		h.setMessage("Hello World");
		_session.save(h);
	}

	public List getList() {
		return _session.createCriteria(Hello.class).list();
	}

	public Hello getCurrent() {
		return current;
	}

	public void setCurrent(Hello current) {
		this.current = current;
	}

}

Hello.java:

package Entities;

import javax.persistence.Entity;
import javax.persistence.GeneratedValue;
import javax.persistence.Id;
import javax.persistence.Table;

@Entity
@Table(name="hello")
public class Hello {

	@Id
	@GeneratedValue
	private long id;
	private String message;

	public long getId() { return id;}

	private void setId(long id) { this.id = id; }

	public String getMessage() { return message;}

	public void setMessage(String message) { this.message = message;}
}

HbAction.tml:

    <head>
        <title>Hibernate example app</title>
    </head>
    <t:loop source="list" value="current">
    ${current.message}<br/>
    </t:loop>
    <t:ActionLink>add</t:ActionLink>

Cheere if anybody can help..

Re: First Tapestry app with Hibernate

Posted by Michal Gruca <mi...@gmail.com>.
That is probably not the answer that you would excpect but please review that
small app of mine. I created that for JUG and it has working hibernate
support for T5 with in memory h2 db running. It's not cleanest, but should
be easy to understand.
http://bitbucket.org/mgruca/tjug_tapestry_30.09.10/overview

Last thing that I recall regarding hibernate (I was even writing that on
this list), I had to annotate AppModule with @SubModule(value = {
HibernateModule.class }) else eclipse was ****** on me.

Re: First Tapestry app with Hibernate

Posted by robnangle <ro...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
Thats how I created the project originally through the mvn command and then
imported it into eclipse and run it on tomcat, but it keeps leading to them
errors.

Re: First Tapestry app with Hibernate

Posted by Michal Gruca <mi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
are you using eclipse for that project? I had some issues due to .m2 plugin.
If it is the case then try to take out pom.xml and create new project using
mvn command line. Then import project to eclipse and check if it will start
working.
I was doing a lot of this kind of magic tricks to get eclipse working with
my poms

Regards
Michał

Re: First Tapestry app with Hibernate

Posted by robnangle <ro...@gmail.com>.
Sorry if im seeming stupid but adding it to the classpath?

Does that mean adding the dependency to the pom.xml or adding the annotation
jar?

The pom.xml dependencies is as follows:

<dependencies>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.apache.tapestry</groupId>
            <artifactId>tapestry-core</artifactId>
            <version>${tapestry-release-version}</version>
        </dependency>
        <!-- A dependency on either JUnit or TestNG is required, or the
surefire plugin (which runs the tests)
will fail, preventing Maven from packaging the WAR. Tapestry includes a
large number
of testing facilities designed for use with TestNG (http://testng.org/), so
it's recommended. -->
        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.testng</groupId>
            <artifactId>testng</artifactId>
            <version>5.8</version>
            <classifier>jdk15</classifier>
            <scope>test</scope>
        </dependency>

        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.easymock</groupId>
            <artifactId>easymock</artifactId>
            <version>2.4</version>
            <scope>test</scope>
        </dependency>

        <!-- tapestry-test will conflict with RunJettyRun inside Eclipse.
tapestry-test brings in Selenium, which
             is based on Jetty 5.1; RunJettyRun uses Jetty 6.
        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.apache.tapestry</groupId>
            <artifactId>tapestry-test</artifactId>
            <version>${tapestry-release-version}</version>
            <scope>test</scope>
        </dependency>

        -->

        <!-- Provided by the servlet container, but sometimes referenced in
the application
       code. -->
        <dependency>
            <groupId>javax.servlet</groupId>
            <artifactId>servlet-api</artifactId>
            <version>2.5</version>
            <scope>provided</scope>
        </dependency>

        <dependency>
      <groupId>org.apache.tapestry</groupId>
      <artifactId>tapestry-hibernate</artifactId>
      <version>${tapestry-release-version}</version>
    </dependency>

    <dependency>
      <groupId>org.hibernate</groupId>
      <artifactId>hibernate</artifactId>
      <version>3.2.2.ga</version>
    </dependency>

    <dependency>
      <groupId>org.apache.tapestry</groupId>
        <artifactId>tapestry-hibernate</artifactId>
        <version>${tapestry-release-version}</version>
      </dependency>

     <dependency>
      <groupId>org.apache.tapestry</groupId>
        <artifactId>tapestry-hibernate-core</artifactId>
        <version>${tapestry-release-version}</version>
      </dependency>

        <dependency>
                <groupId>c3p0</groupId>
                <artifactId>c3p0</artifactId>
                <version>0.9.0</version>
        </dependency>

    <dependency>
      <groupId>geronimo-spec</groupId>
      <artifactId>geronimo-spec-jta</artifactId>
      <version>1.0-M1</version>
      <scope>test</scope>
    </dependency>

    <dependency>
      <groupId>org.hibernate</groupId>
      <artifactId>hibernate-annotations</artifactId>
      <version>3.2.1.ga</version>
    </dependency>

    <dependency>
      <groupId>mysql</groupId>
      <artifactId>mysql-connector-java</artifactId>
      <version>3.1.12</version>
    </dependency>

    </dependencies>

Cheers Lads

Re: First Tapestry app with Hibernate

Posted by Everton Agner <to...@gmail.com>.
Hey!

> public class HbAction {

Just a tip... I've seen you named your page Class as "HbAction"... it seems
you've come from Struts, right? If you did, keep in mind that Tapestry is
not Action Oriented (like Struts), it is "Component Events Oriented" (like
wicket or sorta like jsf). It means you can't, for example, have multiple
views per action, modeling an usual mvc app structure like you do on Struts.

> package Entities;

PascalCase package names... well, it's not my point anyways. Another tip: It
seems your App Root Package is "hb", so inside of it you should have
"hb.pages", "hb.services", "hb.components" etc. right? If you create a
package named "hd.entities" and put your Hibernate Pojo's (like
"Hello.java") inside of it, Tapestry Hibernate will automagically map it.
So, there's no need to map your beans via hibernate.cfg.xml or
programatically.

Regards,

_______________________
Everton Agner Ramos

Posted by Werner Keil <we...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

In a large T5 environment we also used Hibernate, but the team was used to
its XML form using DAO classes. This may not be as modern as "sexy" as some
of the new options, but it worked for us.

Sad to see, you still need to use the "unsexy"
org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.annotations.Inject instead of javax.inject.Inject.
I was under the impression, T5.2 had that fixed, but it seems it is still
pending.

The pace at which some things get adopted, especially Java EE success
stories like CDI or the underlying JSR-330 compared to other frameworks like
Seam or Spring may be part of the reason why people like Matt Raible had
that impression of Tapestry. And I heard a bit of a similar general tone by
both speakers and audience of Java2Days in Sofia, the largest Eastern
European event, with nearly 750 people. None of them seem to have been
communicated the same way Matt did at DevoXX, but the fact, there was
Spring, CDI/JavaEE/JSF by Oracle and Apache Wicket, but no Tapestry in the
program probably said something, too.

I was generally happy using it, but as I mentioned earlier, I haven't come
across as many project requirements with Tapestry as with other frameworks
by agencies or head hunters either. Maybe it just wasn't mentioned as much
in my CV, though ?[?]

Werner

Posted by Andreas Andreou <an...@di.uoa.gr>.
Can you compile/run the project from the command line?

What happens when you do mvn jetty:run ?

On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 16:06, robnangle <ro...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for that angelo but no luck.
>
> Same two errors as from the begining.

Andreas Andreou - andyhot@apache.org - http://blog.andyhot.gr
Tapestry PMC / Tacos developer
Open Source / JEE Consulting

Re: First Tapestry app with Hibernate

Posted by robnangle <ro...@gmail.com>.
I did that, unfortunetly the same error remains..

Re: First Tapestry app with Hibernate

Posted by robnangle <ro...@gmail.com>.
I did that

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, 06 Dec 2010 13:46:19 -0200, robnangle <ro...@gmail.com> wrote:

> /hibernate.cfg.xml not found

Go to the project properties, Java build path, click on Excluded inside
src/main/resources, then click Remove.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
and instructor

RE: First Tapestry app with Hibernate

Posted by robnangle <ro...@gmail.com>.
Errors on console in ide:

06 15:42:32.556::INFO:  Logging to STDERR via org.mortbay.log.StdErrLog
ProjectClassLoader: entry=C:\Users\Rob\tutorial\target\classes
ProjectClassLoader: entry=C:\Users\Rob\tutorial\target\test-classes
ProjectClassLoader:
entry=C:\Users\Rob\.m2\repository\org\apache\tapestry\tapestry-core\5.1.0.5\tapestry-core-5.1.0.5.jar
ProjectClassLoader:
entry=C:\Users\Rob\.m2\repository\org\apache\tapestry\tapestry-ioc\5.1.0.5\tapestry-ioc-5.1.0.5.jar
ProjectClassLoader:
entry=C:\Users\Rob\.m2\repository\org\apache\tapestry\tapestry5-annotations\5.1.0.5\tapestry5-annotations-5.1.0.5.jar
ProjectClassLoader:
entry=C:\Users\Rob\.m2\repository\javassist\javassist\3.9.0.GA\javassist-3.9.0.GA.jar
ProjectClassLoader:
entry=C:\Users\Rob\.m2\repository\org\slf4j\slf4j-api\1.5.2\slf4j-api-1.5.2.jar
ProjectClassLoader:
entry=C:\Users\Rob\.m2\repository\log4j\log4j\1.2.14\log4j-1.2.14.jar
ProjectClassLoader:
entry=C:\Users\Rob\.m2\repository\org\slf4j\slf4j-log4j12\1.5.2\slf4j-log4j12-1.5.2.jar
ProjectClassLoader:
entry=C:\Users\Rob\.m2\repository\commons-codec\commons-codec\1.3\commons-codec-1.3.jar
ProjectClassLoader:
entry=C:\Users\Rob\.m2\repository\org\antlr\antlr-runtime\3.1.1\antlr-runtime-3.1.1.jar
ProjectClassLoader:
entry=C:\Users\Rob\.m2\repository\org\codehaus\woodstox\woodstox-core-asl\4.0.3\woodstox-core-asl-4.0.3.jar
ProjectClassLoader:
entry=C:\Users\Rob\.m2\repository\stax\stax-api\1.0.1\stax-api-1.0.1.jar
ProjectClassLoader:
entry=C:\Users\Rob\.m2\repository\org\codehaus\woodstox\stax2-api\3.0.1\stax2-api-3.0.1.jar
ProjectClassLoader:
entry=C:\Users\Rob\.m2\repository\javax\xml\stream\stax-api\1.0-2\stax-api-1.0-2.jar
ProjectClassLoader:
entry=C:\Users\Rob\.m2\repository\org\testng\testng\5.8\testng-5.8-jdk15.jar
ProjectClassLoader:
entry=C:\Users\Rob\.m2\repository\junit\junit\3.8.1\junit-3.8.1.jar
ProjectClassLoader:
entry=C:\Users\Rob\.m2\repository\org\easymock\easymock\2.4\easymock-2.4.jar
ProjectClassLoader:
entry=C:\Users\Rob\.m2\repository\org\apache\tapestry\tapestry-hibernate\5.1.0.5\tapestry-hibernate-5.1.0.5.jar
ProjectClassLoader:
entry=C:\Users\Rob\.m2\repository\org\apache\tapestry\tapestry-hibernate-core\5.1.0.5\tapestry-hibernate-core-5.1.0.5.jar
ProjectClassLoader:
entry=C:\Users\Rob\.m2\repository\org\hibernate\hibernate-core\3.3.1.GA\hibernate-core-3.3.1.GA.jar
ProjectClassLoader:
entry=C:\Users\Rob\.m2\repository\antlr\antlr\2.7.6\antlr-2.7.6.jar
ProjectClassLoader:
entry=C:\Users\Rob\.m2\repository\commons-collections\commons-collections\3.1\commons-collections-3.1.jar
ProjectClassLoader:
entry=C:\Users\Rob\.m2\repository\dom4j\dom4j\1.6.1\dom4j-1.6.1.jar
ProjectClassLoader:
entry=C:\Users\Rob\.m2\repository\geronimo-spec\geronimo-spec-jta\1.0-M1\geronimo-spec-jta-1.0-M1.jar
ProjectClassLoader:
entry=C:\Users\Rob\.m2\repository\org\hibernate\hibernate-annotations\3.2.1.ga\hibernate-annotations-3.2.1.ga.jar
ProjectClassLoader:
entry=C:\Users\Rob\.m2\repository\org\hibernate\hibernate-c3p0\3.3.1.GA\hibernate-c3p0-3.3.1.GA.jar
ProjectClassLoader:
entry=C:\Users\Rob\.m2\repository\c3p0\c3p0\0.9.1.2\c3p0-0.9.1.2.jar
ProjectClassLoader:
entry=C:\Users\Rob\.m2\repository\org\hibernate\hibernate\3.2.2.ga\hibernate-3.2.2.ga.jar
ProjectClassLoader:
entry=C:\Users\Rob\.m2\repository\net\sf\ehcache\ehcache\1.2.3\ehcache-1.2.3.jar
ProjectClassLoader:
entry=C:\Users\Rob\.m2\repository\commons-logging\commons-logging\1.0.4\commons-logging-1.0.4.jar
ProjectClassLoader:
entry=C:\Users\Rob\.m2\repository\javax\transaction\jta\1.0.1B\jta-1.0.1B.jar
ProjectClassLoader:
entry=C:\Users\Rob\.m2\repository\asm\asm-attrs\1.5.3\asm-attrs-1.5.3.jar
ProjectClassLoader:
entry=C:\Users\Rob\.m2\repository\cglib\cglib\2.1_3\cglib-2.1_3.jar
ProjectClassLoader:
entry=C:\Users\Rob\.m2\repository\asm\asm\1.5.3\asm-1.5.3.jar
ProjectClassLoader:
entry=C:\Users\Rob\.m2\repository\javax\persistence\persistence-api\1.0\persistence-api-1.0.jar
ProjectClassLoader:
entry=C:\Users\Rob\.m2\repository\mysql\mysql-connector-java\3.1.12\mysql-connector-java-3.1.12.jar
ProjectClassLoader:
entry=C:\Users\Rob\.m2\repository\javax\servlet\servlet-api\2.5\servlet-api-2.5.jar
2010-12-06 15:42:33.800::INFO:  jetty-6.1.6
(org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.RegistryBuilder).
2010-12-06 15:42:35.327::INFO:  Started SelectChannelConnector@0.0.0.0:8080
2010-12-06 15:45:00.588::WARN:  /hbaction
org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.util.TapestryException: Exception
constructing service 'ValueEncoderSource': Error invoking service builder
method
org.apache.tapestry5.services.TapestryModule.buildValueEncoderSource(Map,
InvalidationEventHub) (at TapestryModule.java:1910) (for service
'ValueEncoderSource'): Error invoking service contribution method
org.apache.tapestry5.hibernate.HibernateModule.contributeValueEncoderSource(MappedConfiguration,
boolean, HibernateSessionSource, Session, TypeCoercer, PropertyAccess,
LoggerSource): Exception constructing service 'HibernateSessionSource':
Error invoking service builder method
org.apache.tapestry5.hibernate.HibernateCoreModule.buildHibernateSessionSource(Logger,
List, RegistryShutdownHub) (at HibernateCoreModule.java:123) (for service
'HibernateSessionSource'): /hibernate.cfg.xml not found [at
classpath:org/apache/tapestry5/corelib/components/ExceptionDisplay.tml, line
3]
	at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.structure.ComponentPageElementImpl.invoke(ComponentPageElementImpl.java:948)
	at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.structure.ComponentPageElementImpl.containingPageDidLoad(ComponentPageElementImpl.java:794)
	at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.structure.PageImpl.loaded(PageImpl.java:134)
	at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.pageload.PageLoaderImpl.loadPage(PageLoaderImpl.java:167)
	at $PageLoader_12cbc5941bc.loadPage($PageLoader_12cbc5941bc.java)
	at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.PagePoolCache.checkout(PagePoolCache.java:210)
	at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.PagePoolImpl.checkout(PagePoolImpl.java:99)
	at $PagePool_12cbc5941bb.checkout($PagePool_12cbc5941bb.java)
	at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.RequestPageCacheImpl.get(RequestPageCacheImpl.java:51)
	at $RequestPageCache_12cbc5941ba.get($RequestPageCache_12cbc5941ba.java)
	at $RequestPageCache_12cbc5941b3.get($RequestPageCache_12cbc5941b3.java)
	at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.DefaultRequestExceptionHandler.handleRequestException(DefaultRequestExceptionHandler.java:69)
	at
$RequestExceptionHandler_12cbc59419d.handleRequestException($RequestExceptionHandler_12cbc59419d.java)
	at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.RequestErrorFilter.service(RequestErrorFilter.java:42)
	at $RequestHandler_12cbc5941a0.service($RequestHandler_12cbc5941a0.java)
	at
org.apache.tapestry5.services.TapestryModule$4.service(TapestryModule.java:778)
	at $RequestHandler_12cbc5941a0.service($RequestHandler_12cbc5941a0.java)
	at
org.apache.tapestry5.services.TapestryModule$3.service(TapestryModule.java:767)
	at $RequestHandler_12cbc5941a0.service($RequestHandler_12cbc5941a0.java)
	at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.StaticFilesFilter.service(StaticFilesFilter.java:85)
	at $RequestHandler_12cbc5941a0.service($RequestHandler_12cbc5941a0.java)
	at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.CheckForUpdatesFilter$2.invoke(CheckForUpdatesFilter.java:90)
	at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.CheckForUpdatesFilter$2.invoke(CheckForUpdatesFilter.java:81)
	at
org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.util.ConcurrentBarrier.withRead(ConcurrentBarrier.java:85)
	at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.CheckForUpdatesFilter.service(CheckForUpdatesFilter.java:103)
	at $RequestHandler_12cbc5941a0.service($RequestHandler_12cbc5941a0.java)
	at $RequestHandler_12cbc594195.service($RequestHandler_12cbc594195.java)
	at
org.apache.tapestry5.services.TapestryModule$HttpServletRequestHandlerTerminator.service(TapestryModule.java:197)
	at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.gzip.GZipFilter.service(GZipFilter.java:53)
	at
$HttpServletRequestHandler_12cbc594197.service($HttpServletRequestHandler_12cbc594197.java)
	at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.IgnoredPathsFilter.service(IgnoredPathsFilter.java:62)
	at
$HttpServletRequestFilter_12cbc594194.service($HttpServletRequestFilter_12cbc594194.java)
	at
$HttpServletRequestHandler_12cbc594197.service($HttpServletRequestHandler_12cbc594197.java)
	at
org.apache.tapestry5.services.TapestryModule$2.service(TapestryModule.java:726)
	at
$HttpServletRequestHandler_12cbc594197.service($HttpServletRequestHandler_12cbc594197.java)
	at
$HttpServletRequestHandler_12cbc594192.service($HttpServletRequestHandler_12cbc594192.java)
	at org.apache.tapestry5.TapestryFilter.doFilter(TapestryFilter.java:127)
	at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1084)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:360)
	at
org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:181)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:722)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:404)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:139)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:505)
	at
org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConnection.java:828)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:514)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:211)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:380)
	at
org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:395)
	at
org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(BoundedThreadPool.java:450)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Exception constructing service
'ValueEncoderSource': Error invoking service builder method
org.apache.tapestry5.services.TapestryModule.buildValueEncoderSource(Map,
InvalidationEventHub) (at TapestryModule.java:1910) (for service
'ValueEncoderSource'): Error invoking service contribution method
org.apache.tapestry5.hibernate.HibernateModule.contributeValueEncoderSource(MappedConfiguration,
boolean, HibernateSessionSource, Session, TypeCoercer, PropertyAccess,
LoggerSource): Exception constructing service 'HibernateSessionSource':
Error invoking service builder method
org.apache.tapestry5.hibernate.HibernateCoreModule.buildHibernateSessionSource(Logger,
List, RegistryShutdownHub) (at HibernateCoreModule.java:123) (for service
'HibernateSessionSource'): /hibernate.cfg.xml not found
	at
org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.services.JustInTimeObjectCreator.obtainObjectFromCreator(JustInTimeObjectCreator.java:78)
	at
org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.services.JustInTimeObjectCreator.createObject(JustInTimeObjectCreator.java:57)
	at
$ValueEncoderSource_12cbc5941ff.delegate($ValueEncoderSource_12cbc5941ff.java)
	at
$ValueEncoderSource_12cbc5941ff.getValueEncoder($ValueEncoderSource_12cbc5941ff.java)
	at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.ComponentDefaultProviderImpl.defaultValueEncoder(ComponentDefaultProviderImpl.java:116)
	at
$ComponentDefaultProvider_12cbc5941d6.defaultValueEncoder($ComponentDefaultProvider_12cbc5941d6.java)
	at
org.apache.tapestry5.corelib.components.Loop.defaultEncoder(Loop.java:304)
	at
org.apache.tapestry5.corelib.components.Loop.containingPageDidLoad(Loop.java)
	at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.structure.ComponentPageElementImpl$4.run(ComponentPageElementImpl.java:98)
	at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.structure.ComponentPageElementImpl.invoke(ComponentPageElementImpl.java:933)
	... 51 more
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Error invoking service builder method
org.apache.tapestry5.services.TapestryModule.buildValueEncoderSource(Map,
InvalidationEventHub) (at TapestryModule.java:1910) (for service
'ValueEncoderSource'): Error invoking service contribution method
org.apache.tapestry5.hibernate.HibernateModule.contributeValueEncoderSource(MappedConfiguration,
boolean, HibernateSessionSource, Session, TypeCoercer, PropertyAccess,
LoggerSource): Exception constructing service 'HibernateSessionSource':
Error invoking service builder method
org.apache.tapestry5.hibernate.HibernateCoreModule.buildHibernateSessionSource(Logger,
List, RegistryShutdownHub) (at HibernateCoreModule.java:123) (for service
'HibernateSessionSource'): /hibernate.cfg.xml not found
	at
org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.ServiceBuilderMethodInvoker.createObject(ServiceBuilderMethodInvoker.java:76)
	at
org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.OperationTrackingObjectCreator$1.invoke(OperationTrackingObjectCreator.java:45)
	at
org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.OperationTrackerImpl.invoke(OperationTrackerImpl.java:68)
	at
org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.PerThreadOperationTracker.invoke(PerThreadOperationTracker.java:68)
	at
org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.RegistryImpl.invoke(RegistryImpl.java:941)
	at
org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.OperationTrackingObjectCreator.createObject(OperationTrackingObjectCreator.java:49)
	at
org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.SingletonServiceLifecycle.createService(SingletonServiceLifecycle.java:29)
	at
org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.LifecycleWrappedServiceCreator.createObject(LifecycleWrappedServiceCreator.java:46)
	at
org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.AdvisorStackBuilder.createObject(AdvisorStackBuilder.java:60)
	at
org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.InterceptorStackBuilder.createObject(InterceptorStackBuilder.java:52)
	at
org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.RecursiveServiceCreationCheckWrapper.createObject(RecursiveServiceCreationCheckWrapper.java:60)
	at
org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.OperationTrackingObjectCreator$1.invoke(OperationTrackingObjectCreator.java:45)
	at
org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.OperationTrackerImpl.invoke(OperationTrackerImpl.java:68)
	at
org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.PerThreadOperationTracker.invoke(PerThreadOperationTracker.java:68)
	at
org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.RegistryImpl.invoke(RegistryImpl.java:941)
	at
org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.OperationTrackingObjectCreator.createObject(OperationTrackingObjectCreator.java:49)
	at
org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.services.JustInTimeObjectCreator.obtainObjectFromCreator(JustInTimeObjectCreator.java:68)
	... 60 more
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Error invoking service contribution
method
org.apache.tapestry5.hibernate.HibernateModule.contributeValueEncoderSource(MappedConfiguration,
boolean, HibernateSessionSource, Session, TypeCoercer, PropertyAccess,
LoggerSource): Exception constructing service 'HibernateSessionSource':
Error invoking service builder method
org.apache.tapestry5.hibernate.HibernateCoreModule.buildHibernateSessionSource(Logger,
List, RegistryShutdownHub) (at HibernateCoreModule.java:123) (for service
'HibernateSessionSource'): /hibernate.cfg.xml not found
	at
org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.ContributionDefImpl.invokeMethod(ContributionDefImpl.java:122)
	at
org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.ContributionDefImpl.contribute(ContributionDefImpl.java:71)
	at
org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.RegistryImpl$4.run(RegistryImpl.java:470)
	at
org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.OperationTrackerImpl$1.invoke(OperationTrackerImpl.java:52)
	at
org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.OperationTrackerImpl$1.invoke(OperationTrackerImpl.java:50)
	at
org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.OperationTrackerImpl.invoke(OperationTrackerImpl.java:68)
	at
org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.OperationTrackerImpl.run(OperationTrackerImpl.java:48)
	at
org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.PerThreadOperationTracker.run(PerThreadOperationTracker.java:56)
	at
org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.RegistryImpl.addToMappedConfiguration(RegistryImpl.java:466)
	at
org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.RegistryImpl.getMappedConfiguration(RegistryImpl.java:416)
	at
org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.ServiceResourcesImpl$3.invoke(ServiceResourcesImpl.java:126)
	at
org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.ServiceResourcesImpl$3.invoke(ServiceResourcesImpl.java:124)
	at
org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.OperationTrackerImpl.invoke(OperationTrackerImpl.java:68)
	at
org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.PerThreadOperationTracker.invoke(PerThreadOperationTracker.java:68)
	at
org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.RegistryImpl.invoke(RegistryImpl.java:941)
	at
org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.ServiceResourcesImpl.getMappedConfiguration(ServiceResourcesImpl.java:120)
	at
org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.AbstractServiceCreator.getMappedConfiguration(AbstractServiceCreator.java:142)
	at
org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.AbstractServiceCreator.access$300(AbstractServiceCreator.java:35)
	at
org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.AbstractServiceCreator$1.findResource(AbstractServiceCreator.java:107)
	at
org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.util.DelegatingInjectionResources.findResource(DelegatingInjectionResources.java:38)
	at
org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.util.InternalUtils.calculateInjection(InternalUtils.java:201)
	at
org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.util.InternalUtils.access$000(InternalUtils.java:43)
	at
org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.util.InternalUtils$2.invoke(InternalUtils.java:256)
	at
org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.OperationTrackerImpl.invoke(OperationTrackerImpl.java:68)
	at
org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.PerThreadOperationTracker.invoke(PerThreadOperationTracker.java:68)
	at
org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.RegistryImpl.invoke(RegistryImpl.java:941)
	at
org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.util.InternalUtils.calculateParameters(InternalUtils.java:260)
	at
org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.util.InternalUtils.calculateParametersForMethod(InternalUtils.java:217)
	at
org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.ServiceBuilderMethodInvoker.createObject(ServiceBuilderMethodInvoker.java:56)
	... 76 more
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Exception constructing service
'HibernateSessionSource': Error invoking service builder method
org.apache.tapestry5.hibernate.HibernateCoreModule.buildHibernateSessionSource(Logger,
List, RegistryShutdownHub) (at HibernateCoreModule.java:123) (for service
'HibernateSessionSource'): /hibernate.cfg.xml not found
	at
org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.services.JustInTimeObjectCreator.obtainObjectFromCreator(JustInTimeObjectCreator.java:78)
	at
org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.services.JustInTimeObjectCreator.createObject(JustInTimeObjectCreator.java:57)
	at
$HibernateSessionSource_12cbc594191.delegate($HibernateSessionSource_12cbc594191.java)
	at
$HibernateSessionSource_12cbc594191.getConfiguration($HibernateSessionSource_12cbc594191.java)
	at
org.apache.tapestry5.hibernate.HibernateModule.contributeValueEncoderSource(HibernateModule.java:89)
	at
	at
	at
org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.ContributionDefImpl.invokeMethod(ContributionDefImpl.java:110)
	... 104 more
Caused by: org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.OperationException: Error
invoking service builder method
org.apache.tapestry5.hibernate.HibernateCoreModule.buildHibernateSessionSource(Logger,
List, RegistryShutdownHub) (at HibernateCoreModule.java:123) (for service
'HibernateSessionSource'): /hibernate.cfg.xml not found
	at
org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.OperationTrackerImpl.invoke(OperationTrackerImpl.java:90)
[...]
	... 113 more
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Error invoking service builder method
org.apache.tapestry5.hibernate.HibernateCoreModule.buildHibernateSessionSource(Logger,
List, RegistryShutdownHub) (at HibernateCoreModule.java:123) (for service
'HibernateSessionSource'): /hibernate.cfg.xml not found
	at
org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.ServiceBuilderMethodInvoker.createObject(ServiceBuilderMethodInvoker.java:76)
	at
org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.OperationTrackingObjectCreator$1.invoke(OperationTrackingObjectCreator.java:45)
	at
org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.OperationTrackerImpl.invoke(OperationTrackerImpl.java:68)
	... 127 more
Caused by: org.hibernate.HibernateException: /hibernate.cfg.xml not found
	at
org.hibernate.util.ConfigHelper.getResourceAsStream(ConfigHelper.java:170)
	at
org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.getConfigurationInputStream(Configuration.java:1439)
	at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.configure(Configuration.java:1461)
	at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.configure(Configuration.java:1448)
	at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.hibernate.DefaultHibernateConfigurer.configure(DefaultHibernateConfigurer.java:38)
	at
$HibernateConfigurer_12cbc594202.configure($HibernateConfigurer_12cbc594202.java)
	at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.hibernate.HibernateSessionSourceImpl.<init>(HibernateSessionSourceImpl.java:41)
	at
org.apache.tapestry5.hibernate.HibernateCoreModule.buildHibernateSessionSource(HibernateCoreModule.java:123)
	at
	at
	at
org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.ServiceBuilderMethodInvoker.createObject(ServiceBuilderMethodInvoker.java:64)
	... 129 more

RE: First Tapestry app with Hibernate

Posted by robnangle <ro...@gmail.com>.
The problem consists in one of these two classes I think:

      xmlns:t="http://tapestry.apache.org/schema/tapestry_5_1_0.xsd"
      xmlns:p="tapestry:parameter">
    <head>
        <title>Hibernate example app</title>
    </head>
    <t:loop source="list" value="current">
    ${current.message}<br/>
    </t:loop>
    <t:ActionLink>add</t:ActionLink>

package tutorial.pages;

import Entities.Hello;

Posted by robnangle <ro...@gmail.com>.
Ye seen that cheers got the artifact installed and dependencies all up to
date.. But with no success as the error remains..

RE: First Tapestry app with Hibernate

Posted by Jens Reufsteck <je...@staufenbiel.de>.
This is what helped me at this point:

http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-coping-with-sun-jars.html

Jens

Posted by robnangle <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, 06 Dec 2010 10:44:37 -0200, robnangle <ro...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am now using m2eclipse but the error remains the same.

Have you enabled dependency management on your project?

Posted by robnangle <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, 06 Dec 2010 10:21:54 -0200, robnangle <ro...@gmail.com> wrote:

> No what I did was install apache maven and then tell eclipse about the
> classpath m2.

Do yourself a favor and use m2eclipse.

Posted by robnangle <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, 06 Dec 2010 09:39:06 -0200, robnangle <ro...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Apologies for that. Yes I am using maven with eclipse.

Are you using the m2eclipse Eclipse plugin? It works way better than the
Eclipse Maven plugin (eclipse:eclipse).

Posted by robnangle <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Everton Agner <to...@gmail.com>.
He meant the Maven Plugin for Eclipse : m2eclipse

_______________________
Everton Agner Ramos

Posted by robnangle <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, 02 Dec 2010 16:40:29 -0200, robnangle <ro...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I switched to using jetty and unfortunetly the project still will not
> work. I get a different error by the looks of it though:

Are you using m2eclipse?

Posted by robnangle <ro...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
I switched to using jetty and unfortunetly the project still will not work.
I get a different error by the looks of it though:

HTTP Error 500:
Exception constructing service 'ValueEncoderSource': Error invoking service
builder method
org.apache.tapestry5.services.TapestryModule.buildValueEncoderSource(Map,
InvalidationEventHub) (at TapestryModule.java:1910) (for service
'ValueEncoderSource'): Error invoking service contribution method
org.apache.tapestry5.hibernate.HibernateModule.contributeValueEncoderSource(MappedConfiguration,
boolean, HibernateSessionSource, Session, TypeCoercer, PropertyAccess,
LoggerSource): Exception constructing service 'HibernateSessionSource':
Error invoking service builder method
org.apache.tapestry5.hibernate.HibernateModule.buildHibernateSessionSource(Logger,
List, RegistryShutdownHub) (at HibernateModule.java:120) (for service
'HibernateSessionSource'):
org/hibernate/annotations/common/reflection/ReflectionManager

Re: First Tapestry app with Hibernate

Posted by Andreas Andreou <an...@di.uoa.gr>.
Also, because you import th project this way, if you change your pom,
you have to reimport the project again

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.

Posted by robnangle <ro...@gmail.com>.
I create my project through the command:
mvn archetype:generate
-DarchetypeCatalog=http://tapestry.formos.com/maven-repository

then to import it into eclipse:
mvn eclipse:eclipse sysdeo-tomcat:generate

i also start the server in eclipse

Re: First Tapestry app with Hibernate

Posted by Richard Hill <ri...@su3analytics.com>.
Yes tomcat needs most (all?) of your project's dependencies on it's
classpath.

I recently switched to run-jetty-run and it's been a bit of a
revelation. No messy classpath issues and live class reloading which a)
really speeds up dev time (changes to .tml and .java are near instant)
and b) also means your session doesn't keep getting trashed every time
tomcat restarts to effect a change.

Posted by robnangle <ro...@gmail.com>.
Hi Juan,
I run tomcat through my eclipse plugin. Start the server in eclipse.

Re: First Tapestry app with Hibernate

Posted by "Juan E. Maya" <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by robnangle <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Angelo C." <an...@gmail.com>.
try Tapestry 5.1.0.5, here is pom file to test:

<project xsi:schemaLocation="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0
http://maven.apache.org/maven-v4_0_0.xsd"
xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0">
    <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
    <groupId>learning</groupId>
    <artifactId>tutorial1</artifactId>
    <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
    <packaging>war</packaging>
    <name>tutorial1 Tapestry 5 Application</name>
[...]

            <version>0.9.1.2</version>
        </dependency>

        <dependency>
            <groupId>geronimo-spec</groupId>
            <artifactId>geronimo-spec-jta</artifactId>
            <version>1.0-M1</version>
            <scope>test</scope>
        </dependency>

        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.hibernate</groupId>
            <artifactId>hibernate-annotations</artifactId>
            <version>3.2.1.ga</version>
        </dependency>

        <dependency>
            <groupId>mysql</groupId>
            <artifactId>mysql-connector-java</artifactId>
            <version>5.1.12</version>
        </dependency>

    <dependency>
      <groupId>commons-collections</groupId>
      <artifactId>commons-collections</artifactId>
      <version>3.1</version>
    </dependency>

        <!-- tapestry-test will conflict with RunJettyRun inside Eclipse.
tapestry-test brings in Selenium, which
             is based on Jetty 5.1; RunJettyRun uses Jetty 6.
        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.apache.tapestry</groupId>
            <artifactId>tapestry-test</artifactId>
            <version>${tapestry-release-version}</version>
            <scope>test</scope>
        </dependency>

        -->

        <!-- Provided by the servlet container, but sometimes referenced in
the application
       code. -->
        <dependency>
            <groupId>javax.servlet</groupId>
            <artifactId>servlet-api</artifactId>
            <version>2.5</version>
            <scope>provided</scope>
        </dependency>

    </dependencies>
    <build>
        <finalName>tutorial1</finalName>
        <plugins>
            <plugin>
                <configuration>
                    <source>1.5</source>
                    <target>1.5</target>
                    <optimize>true</optimize>
                </configuration>
            </plugin>

            <!-- Run the application using "mvn jetty:run" -->
            <plugin>
                <groupId>org.mortbay.jetty</groupId>
                <artifactId>maven-jetty-plugin</artifactId>
                <version>6.1.9</version>
                <configuration>
                    <!-- Log to the console. -->
                    <requestLog
implementation="org.mortbay.jetty.NCSARequestLog">
                        <!-- This doesn't do anything for Jetty, but is a
workaround for a Maven bug
                             that prevents the requestLog from being set.
-->
                        <append>true</append>
                    </requestLog>
                </configuration>
            </plugin>
        </plugins>
    </build>

    <reporting>

        <!-- Adds a report detailing the components, mixins and base classes
defined by this module. -->
        <plugins>

        </plugins>
    </reporting>

    <repositories>

        <!-- This repository is only needed if the Tapestry released
artifacts haven't made it to the central Maven repository yet. -->
        <repository>
            <id>tapestry</id>
            <url>http://tapestry.formos.com/maven-repository/</url>
        </repository>

        <!-- This repository is only needed when the
tapestry-release-version is a snapshot release. -->
        <repository>
            <id>tapestry-snapshots</id>
            <url>http://tapestry.formos.com/maven-snapshot-repository/</url>
        </repository>

        <repository>
            <id>codehaus.snapshots</id>
            <url>http://snapshots.repository.codehaus.org</url>
        </repository>
        <repository>
            <id>OpenQA_Release</id>
            <name>OpenQA Release Repository</name>
            <url>http://archiva.openqa.org/repository/releases/</url>
        </repository>
    </repositories>

    <pluginRepositories>

        <!-- As above, this can be commented out when access to the snapshot
version
of a Tapestry Maven plugin is not required.   -->
        <pluginRepository>
            <id>tapestry-snapshots</id>
            <url>http://tapestry.formos.com/maven-snapshot-repository/</url>
        </pluginRepository>

    </pluginRepositories>

    <properties>
        <tapestry-release-version>5.1.0.5</tapestry-release-version>
    </properties>
</project>

Re: First Tapestry app with Hibernate

Posted by robnangle <ro...@gmail.com>.
Hi Angelo,
Unfortunetly adding that in failed to fix or progress the error im
receiving.

Re: First Tapestry app with Hibernate