Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by joel cordonnier <jo...@yahoo.fr> on 2000/08/21 14:21:20 UTC

what about Enterprise Java Bean ?

Is there an Apache project about EJB, EJB container
and deployment tools .?
I'm using Apache and Tomcat at the moment. For EJB i'm
using J2EE of SUN, but it's too slow!

I need tips; What technology do you use ?

Thanks
Joel Cordonnier

Re: what about Enterprise Java Bean ?

Posted by Andrew Semprebon <se...@eqsystems.com>.
Enhydra does not includes an EJB container a far as I know. It is that it is
an application server and servlet engine, so you would use it instead of
tomcat. For EJBs with Enhydra, you could use JoNAS.

JBoss is an open-source EJB container that is being integrated with the
servlet engine Tomcat (although it does more than just servlets)

JoNAS is an open-source EJB container that is being integrated with the
servlet engine Enhydra (although it does more than just servlets)

Of course, you could run JoNAS with Tomcat or JBoss with Enhyrda if you
wanted to buck the trend, but you would probably find less help available.

I've played around with both JBoss and JoNAS. JBoss is definately easier to
install, configure, and develop with (I'm a big fan of their auto-deploy
feature), but in a number of other ways doesn't seem quite ready for prime
time, but they are making progress.

Posted by Frank Morton <fm...@invisible.net>.
I just loaded it, so can't tell you much except that
it exists. Look at www.enhydra.org

Posted by Dan Kirkpatrick <da...@xxi.com>.
Try jboss: http://www.jboss.org

-dan