Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jonathan Mangano <jo...@pslgroup.com> on 2002/12/06 22:59:36 UTC

How do I reset connections in the Tomcat Connection Pool?

I am using the DCBP connection pooling with Tomcat 4.1.12. Everything works fine except when a connection dies because of some external factor (In my case it is a clearing of the the Cisco Routers xlate table which causes a SocketException). When this happens the JDBC driver I am using throws an SQLException with a specific SQLState, so I am able to identify when it occurs.

What I cannot do is get another working connection. It appears the Connection pool is giving me the same broken connection when I request another connection. Is there a way to get around this by resetting the connection pool or removing the dead connection?

Thanks
Jonathan

Re: How do I reset connections in the Tomcat Connection Pool?

Posted by su...@weblinenet.com.
Hello,

> I had just install tomcat. When i try to login to Tomcat Administration
> Tomcat Manager    is asking for username and password.  I try my server =
> login, or U: tomcat  P: tomcat  both fail.
> What is the default username and password to login into that?
>
> Regards
> Andreas

I am using the DCBP connection pooling with Tomcat 4.1.12. Everything works
fine except when a connection dies because of some external factor (In my
case it is a clearing of the the Cisco Routers xlate table which causes a
SocketException). When this happens the JDBC driver I am using throws an
SQLException with a specific SQLState, so I am able to identify when it
occurs.

What I cannot do is get another working connection. It appears the
Connection pool is giving me the same broken connection when I request
another connection. Is there a way to get around this by resetting the
connection pool or removing the dead connection?

Thanks
Jonathan

For additional commands, e-mail:
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>