Posted to dev@reef.apache.org by Sergiy Matusevych <se...@gmail.com> on 2015/08/29 00:24:23 UTC

How to Write a Git Commit Message

Hi REEF defvelopers,

Just yesterday we've talked with Markus about the need of some kind of
mandatory training on the subject :)

[image: Git Commit]
<http://xkcd.com/1296/>
And today, I came across a blog post that looks like a very nice addition
to our guidelines:

http://chris.beams.io/posts/git-commit/

Enjoy!
Sergiy.

Re: How to Write a Git Commit Message

Posted by Brian Cho <ch...@gmail.com>.
Thanks. Please feel free to add the most relevant bits to the committer
guide.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/REEF/Committer+Guide

I’ve added newlines between the title and description. It just so happens
that a few people here were giving me a hard time about that yesterday!

-Brian

Posted by Byung-Gon Chun <bg...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, Sergiy!

Posted by Markus Weimer <ma...@weimo.de>.
Hi,

we seem to be doing quite well with his benchmark:

> 4d5ca8b [REEF-560] Add a configurable timeout for driver to recover evaluators on restart
> fa9d49a [REEF-645] Remove APIs deprecated since 0.12 from reef-common: Launcher
> 9b1925d [REEF-653] Remove usage of get/setIsFromPreviousDriver()
> f3fbffb [REEF-659] Adding IsManagedBinary for CLR
> 3325748 [REEF-664] REEF-IO test and main packages do not match

:-)

Markus