Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Sandy143 <sj...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/24 18:18:05 UTC

Re: Struts1/Tiles and Struts2/tiles in same app

Hello,

I  have to integrate struts 2 actions in my existing struts 1.2 web
application.

My login page is using struts 1.2 action. Upon login, I come to home page.
there is a link on home page. when I click on that link, I need to go to
another jsp page. The later action has to be in struts 2.

I have added filter, filter mapping for struts 2 in web.xml.
I have included struts.xml in the root of the project (under java source
folder). This included struts-config.xml (using struts 1.2.8) and
struts-config-two.xml (using struts 2).

--> struts-config.xml is in web-inf
--> struts-config-two.xml is in the root of the project (under java source
folder)

my  struts-config-two.xml is :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<!DOCTYPE struts PUBLIC
        "-//Apache Software Foundation//DTD Struts Configuration 2.0//EN"
        "http://struts.apache.org/dtds/struts-2.0.dtd">

<struts>

	<package name="xxx" namespace="/xxx" extends="xxx-default">

		<action name="testAction2"
			class="x.y.z.presentation.test.TestAction2">

			<result name="home"> /TestLink.jsp </result>
		</action>
	</package>

</struts>

In my TestLink.jsp, I am specifying :

<s:url id="viewURL" namespace="/xxx" action="testAction2" />
<s:a href=%{viewURL}> Test Link Home </s:a> Test Link

I am able to login to the app. but When I click on the link I get an error
message : ERROR action.RequestProcessor  - Invalid path was requested
/xxx/TestAction.

Can you please help me to resolve this issue.

I would have to use struts2 action in the flow of struts1 action. Please let
me know the step by step procedure.

I have read the migration tutorial. but it didn't help me to resolve this
issue.

Thanks,