Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/25 09:31:47 UTC

[PROPOSAL] Graduate Apache Sling as Top Level Project

Hi all,

The Sling podling has voted on asking the Incubator PMC to support its
graduation as a top level project.

The vote passed with 23 +1 votes (8 of which from PPMC members), no 0
and no -1 votes. The vote thread can be found at [1], the result at [2].

Sling has been in the Incubator since September 5th, 2007. During its
incubation, Sling has ...

 * produced two releases
 * added two committers/PPMC members
 * added a documentation committer
 * received numerous contributions

Finally, let me quote our Champion Jukka Zitting:

  <mentor hat on>
  Day employees are still behind the majority of Sling
  commits, but the project has shown ability to welcome
  new ideas and contributors and to include them as
  equal members in the development and decision making
  processes. Also the other graduation criteria have been
  met and I don't think there's anything more that the
  Incubator can give to Sling.

  Thanks to everyone who's been participating so far,
  and good luck to Apache Sling as a standalone TLP!
  </mentor hat on>

We have prepared the board resolution on our wiki at [3].

Regards
Felix

[1] http://markmail.org/message/76yu7qatqfqnrdme
[2] http://www.mail-archive.com/sling-dev@incubator.apache.org/msg10305.html
[3] http://cwiki.apache.org/SLING/graduation-resolution-draft.html

Re: [PROPOSAL] Graduate Apache Sling as Top Level Project

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
I'd support the graduation.

-Matthias

On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 9:31 AM, Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The Sling podling has voted on asking the Incubator PMC to support its
> graduation as a top level project.
>
> The vote passed with 23 +1 votes (8 of which from PPMC members), no 0
> and no -1 votes. The vote thread can be found at [1], the result at [2].
>
> Sling has been in the Incubator since September 5th, 2007. During its
> incubation, Sling has ...
>
>  * produced two releases
>  * added two committers/PPMC members
>  * added a documentation committer
>  * received numerous contributions
>
> Finally, let me quote our Champion Jukka Zitting:
>
>  <mentor hat on>
>  Day employees are still behind the majority of Sling
>  commits, but the project has shown ability to welcome
>  new ideas and contributors and to include them as
>  equal members in the development and decision making
>  processes. Also the other graduation criteria have been
>  met and I don't think there's anything more that the
>  Incubator can give to Sling.
>
>  Thanks to everyone who's been participating so far,
>  and good luck to Apache Sling as a standalone TLP!
>  </mentor hat on>
>
> We have prepared the board resolution on our wiki at [3].
>
> Regards
> Felix
>

> [1] http://markmail.org/message/76yu7qatqfqnrdme
> [2] http://www.mail-archive.com/sling-dev@incubator.apache.org/msg10305.html
> [3] http://cwiki.apache.org/SLING/graduation-resolution-draft.html

Matthias Wessendorf

twitter: http://twitter.com/mwessendorf

Re: [PROPOSAL] Graduate Apache Sling as Top Level Project

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
I'd support the graduation.

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.
+1

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
I support this. I think Sling has done a great job and also works well
with many other PMCs.

Paul

On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 9:11 AM, Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org> wrote:
> On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 9:52 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz
> <bd...@apache.org> wrote:
>> On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 9:31 AM, Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> ...We have prepared the board resolution on our wiki at [3]....
>>> [3] http://cwiki.apache.org/SLING/graduation-resolution-draft.html...
>>
>> The resolution looks good to me.
>>
>> (and I'm +1 on graduation, but kinda biased, being a Sling committer ;-)
>
> I am not biases, and I also think that the large number of ASF old
> timers in the initial PMC is reassuring.
>
> So, go for it...
>
> Cheers
> --
> Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer
>
> I  live here; http://tinyurl.com/2qq9er
> I  work here; http://tinyurl.com/2ymelc

Paul Fremantle
Co-Founder and CTO, WSO2
Apache Synapse PMC Chair
OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair

blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org
paul@wso2.com

Re: [PROPOSAL] Graduate Apache Sling as Top Level Project

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.

I relax here; http://tinyurl.com/2cgsug

Re: [PROPOSAL] Graduate Apache Sling as Top Level Project

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 9:31 AM, Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ...We have prepared the board resolution on our wiki at [3]....
> [3] http://cwiki.apache.org/SLING/graduation-resolution-draft.html...

The resolution looks good to me.

(and I'm +1 on graduation, but kinda biased, being a Sling committer ;-)

-Bertrand

Re: [PROPOSAL] Graduate Apache Sling as Top Level Project

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.

Posted by Leo Simons <ma...@leosimons.com>.
On May 25, 2009, at 9:31 AM, Felix Meschberger wrote:
> The Sling podling has voted on asking the Incubator PMC to support its
> graduation as a top level project.

Enthousiastically and confidently +1.

All the best!

  - Leo

Re: [PROPOSAL] Graduate Apache Sling as Top Level Project

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.
+1

On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 9:31 AM, Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The Sling podling has voted on asking the Incubator PMC to support its
> graduation as a top level project.
>
> The vote passed with 23 +1 votes (8 of which from PPMC members), no 0
> and no -1 votes. The vote thread can be found at [1], the result at [2].
>
> Sling has been in the Incubator since September 5th, 2007. During its
> incubation, Sling has ...
>
>  * produced two releases
>  * added two committers/PPMC members
>  * added a documentation committer
>  * received numerous contributions
>
> Finally, let me quote our Champion Jukka Zitting:
>
>  <mentor hat on>
>  Day employees are still behind the majority of Sling
>  commits, but the project has shown ability to welcome
>  new ideas and contributors and to include them as
>  equal members in the development and decision making
>  processes. Also the other graduation criteria have been
>  met and I don't think there's anything more that the
>  Incubator can give to Sling.
>
>  Thanks to everyone who's been participating so far,
>  and good luck to Apache Sling as a standalone TLP!
>  </mentor hat on>
>
> We have prepared the board resolution on our wiki at [3].
>
> Regards
> Felix
>

> [1] http://markmail.org/message/76yu7qatqfqnrdme
> [2] http://www.mail-archive.com/sling-dev@incubator.apache.org/msg10305.html
> [3] http://cwiki.apache.org/SLING/graduation-resolution-draft.html

Apache Wicket 1.3.5 is released

Re: [PROPOSAL] Graduate Apache Sling as Top Level Project

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 12:00 PM, Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> wrote:
> On 2009-05-25, Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> The Sling podling has voted on asking the Incubator PMC to support its
>> graduation as a top level project.
>
>> The vote passed with 23 +1 votes (8 of which from PPMC members), no 0
>> and no -1 votes. The vote thread can be found at [1], the result at [2].
>
>> Sling has been in the Incubator since September 5th, 2007. During its
>> incubation, Sling has ...
>
>>  * produced two releases
>>  * added two committers/PPMC members
>>  * added a documentation committer
>>  * received numerous contributions
>
>> Finally, let me quote our Champion Jukka Zitting:
>
>>   <mentor hat on>
>>   Day employees are still behind the majority of Sling
>>   commits, but the project has shown ability to welcome
>>   new ideas and contributors and to include them as
>>   equal members in the development and decision making
>>   processes.
>
> I've been watching sling-dev since Sling entered the incubator and can
> confirm Jukka's description.  A big +1 for Sling's graduation.

+1

- robert

Re: [PROPOSAL] Graduate Apache Sling as Top Level Project

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2009-05-25, Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The Sling podling has voted on asking the Incubator PMC to support its
> graduation as a top level project.

> The vote passed with 23 +1 votes (8 of which from PPMC members), no 0
> and no -1 votes. The vote thread can be found at [1], the result at [2].

> Sling has been in the Incubator since September 5th, 2007. During its
> incubation, Sling has ...

>  * produced two releases
>  * added two committers/PPMC members
>  * added a documentation committer
>  * received numerous contributions

> Finally, let me quote our Champion Jukka Zitting:

>   <mentor hat on>
>   Day employees are still behind the majority of Sling
>   commits, but the project has shown ability to welcome
>   new ideas and contributors and to include them as
>   equal members in the development and decision making
>   processes.

I've been watching sling-dev since Sling entered the incubator and can
confirm Jukka's description.  A big +1 for Sling's graduation.

Stefan

Re: [PROPOSAL] Graduate Apache Sling as Top Level Project

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.
+1