Posted to user@ant.apache.org by "Blank, Roman" <ro...@lmco.com> on 2009/07/13 17:44:56 UTC

Cross-compiler cpptasks

I need to use a compiler that is not supported for the cc task.

I'm currently using the <cc name="gcc" />  task for example and I need to replace the gcc compiler with another one that is not supported on that list.  Does anyone know of how I can do that?

Roman Blank
Software Engineer
Lockheed Martin - MS2
199 Borton Landing Rd. Moorestown, NJ 08057
Mail Stop: 137-209 G308
Phone: 856-722-4105
Email: roman.blank@lmco.com<ma...@lmco.com>

Re: Cross-compiler cpptasks

Posted by Dominique Devienne <dd...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Jul 13, 2009 at 10:44 AM, Blank, Roman<ro...@lmco.com> wrote:
> I need to use a compiler that is not supported for the cc task.
>
> I'm currently using the <cc name="gcc" />  task for example and I need to replace the gcc compiler with another one that is not supported on that list.  Does anyone know of how I can do that?

You must write code in CppTasks itself to do that, as CppTasks is not
extensible from the "outside" in that regard AFAIK. I had to do it
once, several years ago, to support SUN's C compiler (cc, not CC,
their C++ compiler) on Solaris, and from my vague recollection is was
mostly a copy/paste job for the compiler/linker code, with easy to
find places where to register them. I'm no longer with that company,
so I can't provide a diff as example of adding a compiler, sorry. But
maybe CppTasks's own CVS repo has that diff in fact? --DD