Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Jonathan Bergh <be...@gmail.com> on 2022/01/24 09:58:38 UTC

Installing C/C++ 8.2 in NB 12.6

hi,

I was wondering whether anyone had any tips on how to solve the following -
I saw on the mailing list that someone (cant remember who) was using the
old NB 8.2 C/C++ plugin with one of the new Apache NB releases.

I would like to do the same.

I have configured the 8.2 plugin repo and clicked install on the C/C++
module, which downloads, and partially installs, but then fails when trying
to "validate" the modules. There is an option to locate Unpack200 manually,
otherwise clicking OK appears to hang the install.

Does anyone have any tips on how to get this plugin installed?

Thanks a lot in advance
ᐧ

Re: Installing C/C++ 8.2 in NB 12.6

Posted by Eric Bresie <eb...@gmail.com>.
In more recent JDKs, the pack200 has been removed from the JDK itself as of
JDK 14 I believe (see https://openjdk.java.net/jeps/367).  As such, it may
be necessary to locate another earlier version (maybe JDK 11 or 8 the
previous Long Term releases) of the JDK where the unpack200 is still
present.  Once selected, I believe it should be possible to unpack and
install things.

Eric Bresie
ebresie@gmail.com

Re: Installing C/C++ 8.2 in NB 12.6

Posted by LarryL <pf...@q.com.INVALID>.
Hi,
If you’re running NB 12.6, on a Mac, try its default C++ pull-down menu found in ‘Preferences’.
Have Homebrew repo install either CCLS or ClangD LSP client and configure C++ Project next.
To compile your code, goto ‘Project Properties - Build'
Pick and choose compiler toggles from the following article:
https://bytes.usc.edu/cs104/wiki/gcc/ <https://bytes.usc.edu/cs104/wiki/gcc/>

I find Editor compile command toggles and Build ‘clean’  and ‘run’ config academic, since I’m learning C++ from CLI.

You should find the NB 12.6 Debugger useful in troubleshooting.
Newbie

Re: Installing C/C++ 8.2 in NB 12.6

Posted by Jonathan Bergh <be...@gmail.com>.
hi David,