Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com> on 2016/12/02 06:17:13 UTC

[DISCUSS] Bountycastle upgrade

All,

I've sent a PR that will upgrade bountycastle dependency to the latest version [1]. In terms of security, an upgrade is necessary though it would also require for users (who are upgrading to 4.9.1.0, 4.10.0.0 or later) to destroy old systemvms such as CPVM and SSVM so the agents that will be started in new system vms will use the same dependency jar (version/release) and use the same cipher suites as the mgmt server (i.e. there will be no SSL-based communication issue afterwards) as provided by bountycastle v1.55.

Thoughts, feedback?

[1] https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/pull/1799

Regards.

rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com
www.shapeblue.com
@shapeblue

Re: [DISCUSS] Bountycastle upgrade

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.
John,

I'll have a look at where/how the fingerprint method is used, if necessary I'll upgrade it to use SHA-256. Thanks for the pointers.

Regards.

Posted by John Kinsella <jl...@gmail.com>.
2 thoughts: