Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Lawlor, Frank" <Fr...@AthensGroup.com> on 2002/03/27 21:37:57 UTC

How to get basic app environment info

In my application I would like to have some way to
get the following information programmatically from my
app about the deployed environment:

1) the deployed name of my web app (although I
    developed it as 'Foo', it can be deployed as
    anything).  I know how to get this from the
    URL in a request, but how can I tell at app
    init time?

2) What ports were configured as the normal and
    SSL ports?

3) the deployed name of some companion app
   (developed as 'Bar', but deployed as ???).

Frank Lawlor
Athens Group, Inc.
(512) 345-0600 x151
Athens Group, an employee-owned consulting firm integrating technology
strategy and software solutions.