Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org> on 2022/05/30 17:56:04 UTC

2.5.0 status update - RC0 coming **tomorrow**

All known significant issues are resolved. Flaky tests have been found
using repeated suite invocation on x86_64 and aarch64 test hosts. Use this
link to find the open issues: https://s.apache.org/hbase-2.5.0-issues

Load testing with LTT, ITBLL, and ITLCC has completed successfully.

Chaos testing with ITBLL will be underway soon.

The RC0 will be posted tomorrow. There will be a compatibility report
associated with it that may generate some discussion. I am not expecting
the RC0 to pass but we need it in order for people to begin evaluation of
it and related concerns.

Of the remaining open issues:
- HBASE-26192 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-26192> [minor]
is implemented but I am still working on a mock based unit test for it,
which is half done, so you can assume this one is done. There is a PR
awaiting review for the servlet itself. Implementation is simple.
- HBASE-26844 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-26844> [minor]
is something I hope one of my colleagues will address soon but is not
urgent and can be deferred to 2.5.1, as it is only a test flake.
- HBASE-27022 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-27022> [minor]
is an issue with SFT but SFT will be marked experimental so this has been
deferred.
- HBASE-27064 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-27064> [minor]
is fixed and awaiting PR review.
- HBASE-27067 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-27067> [minor]
is fixed and awaiting PR review.
- HBASE-27070 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-27070> [minor]
is an issue with the Region Visualizer in what can be expected to be a
common test configuration. This one should be addressed before release.
- All other issues are minor priority filings for unit tests that are
sometimes flaky. In some cases the flakiness manifests only on aarch64,
which is a platform as yet of secondary concern.

--
Best regards,
Andrew

Re: 2.5.0 status update - RC0 coming **tomorrow**

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
Thanks for the update. I see it's been committed to branch-2.5 already.

--
Best regards,
Andrew

Unrest, ignorance distilled, nihilistic imbeciles -
    It's what we’ve earned
Welcome, apocalypse, what’s taken you so long?
Bring us the fitting end that we’ve been counting on
   - A23, Welcome, Apocalypse

Re: 2.5.0 status update - RC0 coming **tomorrow**

Posted by Wellington Chevreuil <we...@gmail.com>.