Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Bryan Cassidy <c_...@bellsouth.net> on 2002/11/22 09:12:09 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache+IP Change

I am very new to Apache and how things are setup but I got a quick and
possibly a simple answer should get be going on this. I am running
Apache 1.3.27 on a FreeBSD 4.6.2 Operating System. I have gotten
Apache running fine right now but I don't have a static IP. I make
changes to my kernel config file and have to reboot after those
changes to take affect. Everytime I go to reboot after recompiling my
kernel I have to go to dyndns.org and delete host and make it
again. This is "VERY" annoying. Is there anyway to make this a little
easier instead of doing it the way I have been doing it with Apache in
some way? Thanks in advance

Re: [users@httpd] Apache+IP Change

Posted by Bryan Cassidy <c_...@bellsouth.net>.
Yes I did configure the network for DHCP. I heard something about this
a while back (when i didn't use apache) but i don't remember where
this person said to go. I don't know what to do about this so lol. any
help would be appreciated if u help resolve this problem.

Posted by "J. Greenlees" <ja...@shaw.ca>.