Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jimmy Ray <ji...@yahoo.com> on 2005/03/17 15:45:56 UTC

POST no longer working

Tomcat 5.0.28 on HP UNIX:  I was using a filter
(jcfifs) in one of my web.xml files.  I have since
removed the filter and all code refering to it.  Now
web forms can not post to servlets in this app.  GET
methods work fine, but POST does not.  I am only using
Tomcat, no Apache front end.  Is there a security
settings that I missed or otherwise boogered up?

Regards,

Jimmy Ray

Re: POST no longer working

Posted by QM <qm...@brandxdev.net>.
On Thu, Mar 17, 2005 at 06:45:56AM -0800, Jimmy Ray wrote:
: Tomcat 5.0.28 on HP UNIX:  I was using a filter
: (jcfifs) in one of my web.xml files.  I have since
: removed the filter and all code refering to it.  Now
: web forms can not post to servlets in this app.  GET
: methods work fine, but POST does not.

1/ at the risk of sounding flippant, diff the two code bases and see
what changed

2/ you'll have to elaborate on what doesn't work: error messages in the
browser, log messages, etc.

-QM

--

software   -- http://www.brandxdev.net
tech news  -- http://www.RoarNetworX.com

RE: POST no longer working

Posted by George Sexton <gs...@mhsoftware.com>.
You might want to refer to this FAQ:

The stated goal of the FAQ is:

How to ask questions of hackers in a way that makes it most likely that
you'll get a useful answer.

George Sexton
MH Software, Inc.
http://www.mhsoftware.com/