Posted to users@felix.apache.org by "Gay David (Annecy)" <dg...@axway.com> on 2010/12/24 13:28:04 UTC

Ipojo Composite & Configuration

Hi all,

I'm playing today with iPojo Composite. I'm still searching but does
anybody know

if I can "declare" properties on a composite that will configure the
instances

define inside my composite ?

What 'm looking is somethink like that :

<!-Define the composite -->

<composite name="MySuperComposite">

                <property name="compositeUrlJdbc"
value="jdbc://default/url"/>

                <instance component="my.jdbc.consumer.impl">

                               <property name="db.url"
value="compositeUrlJdbc"/>

</instance>

                <instance component="my.other.jdbc.consumer.impl">

                               <property name="db.url"
value="compositeUrlJdbc"/>

</instance>

</composite>

<!-Define a first instance -->

<instance component="MySuperComposite" name="msc1">

                <property name="compositeUrlJdbc"
value="jdbc://oracle..."/>

</instance>

<!-Define a second instance -->

<instance component="MySuperComposite" name="msc2">

                <property name="compositeUrlJdbc"
value="jdbc://mysql..."/>

</instance>

In fact I would like to have a same mechanism like standard component.
With OSGi Config Admin support.

Is it possible ?

Thanks for your help.

David G.

Re: Ipojo Composite & Configuration

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.
On 12/24/10 9:42, Gay David (Annecy) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks Clement for your answer.
> Too bad, for me :-)
>
> Do you have plan to add configurable composite in the future ?
>
> I find Composite so powerful and it add so much value to OSGi that
> I right now can't imagine living without !

We should use this quote in our advertising campaigns... ;-)

-> richard

Posted by Clement Escoffier <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On 24.12.10 15:42, "Gay David (Annecy)" <dg...@axway.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Thanks Clement for your answer.
>Too bad, for me :-)
>
>Do you have plan to add configurable composite in the future ?

I've just opened https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-2746
Probably something that will be fixed in the 1.8.0 planned pretty soon
(January).

Regards,

Clement

Posted by Clement Escoffier <cl...@gmail.com>.