Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Shinobu Kawai <sh...@ieee.org> on 2004/08/09 07:44:44 UTC

developing doclets with maven (revised)

Hi!

I'm looking for a good way to develop doclets using maven.  During
compilation, I need the Javadoc API, but I'm probably going to give up
putting the Javadoc 1.4 API in ibiblio.
    cf. http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=dev@maven.apache.org&msgNo=22207

Now I'm looking for alternatives.  Right now, I can think of two
solutions:

1. Make the jar myself (or use tools.jar) and put it in the local
   repository or a private remote repository.  Of course, I need tell
   other developers that their repositories have to be manually added.

2. Use the maven.jar.override property and point the dependency to such
   a jar file.  I can expect this to work anywhere as long as maven is
   running under the right version of java.
    maven.jar.override = on
    maven.jar.javadoc = ${tools.jar}

Any suggestions?  or other alternatives?

Best regards,
-- Shinobu Kawai

--
Shinobu Kawai <shinobu@ieee.org, shinobu@computer.org>

Re: developing doclets with maven (revised)

Posted by Shinobu Kawai <sh...@ieee.org>.
Hi Charles & Dion,

Thanks for your recommendations!

Here's what I did:

In my project's build.properties:
    maven.doccheck.tools.jar = ${tools.jar}
    maven.jar.override = on
    maven.jar.javadoc = ${maven.doccheck.tools.jar}

By default, it uses the tools.jar maven uses.  In case you are running
it on Java 1.5, you can put the following in your
$HOME/build.properties:
    maven.doccheck.tools.jar = /j2sdk1.4.2_04/lib/tools.jar

In Java 1.3 and before, it doesn't seem to compile anyways.  Something
about the class version not being right.

Best regards,
-- Shinobu Kawai

Posted by Dion Gillard <di...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Charles Daniels <cj...@yahoo.com>.