Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Dale Monti <dm...@linoma.com> on 2005/08/31 16:17:52 UTC

Excel version?

Is there a way you can tell what version of Excel created a spreadsheet?
 I have a spreadsheet that was created by some Crystal reports process
and I am unable to open it with POI. We thought perhaps it was created
with an Excel format prior to Excel 97. Is there a way I can tell?

Thanks
Dale

AW: Excel version?

Posted by "KHZ (SAW)" <ka...@sawag.com>.
Hi Dale.

Excel itself seems not to show such things (possibly at quite hidden
places). If you open that file with OpenOffice and then click "Save As"
then you see the format which OOo has recognized. It's selected by
default.

Regards,	Karl-Heinz.