Posted to users@camel.apache.org by "alberto.zigoni" <al...@gmail.com> on 2011/07/07 19:31:57 UTC

Warning in cxf endpoint configuration

I am using camel 2.6.0 and have configured a cxf endpoint like this:

<cxf:cxfEndpoint id="dgwEndpoint"
		address="http://localhost:9090/my/mockServices"
		wsdlURL="classpath:wsdl/my.wsdl"
		serviceClass="com.acme.BusinessServicePort"
		serviceName="my:BusinessService"
	    endpointName="my:DirectGateway"
	    xmlns:my="http://my.acme.com" />

BusinessServicePort is a JAX-WS annotated interface generated from the WSDL
using WSDL2Java.

When starting the route, a warning message pops up saying:

[pache.camel.spring.Main.main()] ReflectionServiceFactoryBean   WARN  A
JAX-WS Annotation was found on com.acme.BusinessServicePort while using the
Simple frontend.  For better results, use the JAX-WS frontend.

This alert does not appear when using camel 2.5.0, while it's still there
with camel 2.7.2.

Having looked at the code, it seems to me that the problem is in the
instantiation of the
org.apache.camel.component.cxf.spring.CxfSpringEndpointBean class.

The empty constructor is called, which in turn calls super() which
eventually instantiates
a ReflectionServiceFactoryBean, whereas a JaxWsServiceFactoryBean should be
used instead.

The setServiceClass() method in ReflectionServiceFactoryBean calls the
checkServiceClassAnnotations(serviceClass), where the warning is raised.

JaxWsServiceFactoryBean overrides that method with an empty one.

I don't know if this is a symptom of something else, but to me the warning
seems wrong.

Alberto

Re: Warning in cxf endpoint configuration

Posted by "alberto.zigoni" <al...@gmail.com>.
Hi Willem,

I confirm that 2.8-SNAPSHOT solves the problem.

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
I just created a JIRA[1] and verified this issue is fixed in  CAMEL
2.8-SNAPSHOT.
[1]https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-4190

On 7/8/11 8:53 AM, Willem Jiang wrote:
> Can you try the latest Camel 2.8-SNAPSHOT? As the CxfSpringEndpointBean
> was removed, you should not got the error before.
>
> On 7/8/11 1:31 AM, alberto.zigoni wrote:
>> I am using camel 2.6.0 and have configured a cxf endpoint like this:
>>
>> <cxf:cxfEndpoint id="dgwEndpoint"
>> address="http://localhost:9090/my/mockServices"
>> wsdlURL="classpath:wsdl/my.wsdl"
>> serviceClass="com.acme.BusinessServicePort"
>> serviceName="my:BusinessService"
>> endpointName="my:DirectGateway"
>> xmlns:my="http://my.acme.com" />
>>
>> BusinessServicePort is a JAX-WS annotated interface generated from the
>> WSDL
>> using WSDL2Java.
>>
>> When starting the route, a warning message pops up saying:
>>
>> [pache.camel.spring.Main.main()] ReflectionServiceFactoryBean WARN A
>> JAX-WS Annotation was found on com.acme.BusinessServicePort while
>> using the
>> Simple frontend. For better results, use the JAX-WS frontend.
>>
>> This alert does not appear when using camel 2.5.0, while it's still there
>> with camel 2.7.2.
>>
>> Having looked at the code, it seems to me that the problem is in the
>> instantiation of the
>> org.apache.camel.component.cxf.spring.CxfSpringEndpointBean class.
>>
>> The empty constructor is called, which in turn calls super() which
>> eventually instantiates
>> a ReflectionServiceFactoryBean, whereas a JaxWsServiceFactoryBean
>> should be
>> used instead.
>>
>> The setServiceClass() method in ReflectionServiceFactoryBean calls the
>> checkServiceClassAnnotations(serviceClass), where the warning is raised.
>>
>> JaxWsServiceFactoryBean overrides that method with an empty one.
>>
>> I don't know if this is a symptom of something else, but to me the
>> warning
>> seems wrong.
>>
>> Alberto
>>

>> --

Willem
----------------------------------
FuseSource
Web: http://www.fusesource.com
          http://jnn.javaeye.com (Chinese)
Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: willemjiang

Re: Warning in cxf endpoint configuration

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
Can you try the latest Camel 2.8-SNAPSHOT? As the CxfSpringEndpointBean
was removed, you should not got the error before.

On 7/8/11 1:31 AM, alberto.zigoni wrote:
> I am using camel 2.6.0 and have configured a cxf endpoint like this:
>
> <cxf:cxfEndpoint id="dgwEndpoint"
> 		address="http://localhost:9090/my/mockServices"
> 		wsdlURL="classpath:wsdl/my.wsdl"
> 		serviceClass="com.acme.BusinessServicePort"
> 		serviceName="my:BusinessService"
> 	    endpointName="my:DirectGateway"
> 	    xmlns:my="http://my.acme.com" />
>
> BusinessServicePort is a JAX-WS annotated interface generated from the WSDL
> using WSDL2Java.
>
> When starting the route, a warning message pops up saying:
>
> [pache.camel.spring.Main.main()] ReflectionServiceFactoryBean   WARN  A
> JAX-WS Annotation was found on com.acme.BusinessServicePort while using the
> Simple frontend.  For better results, use the JAX-WS frontend.
>
> This alert does not appear when using camel 2.5.0, while it's still there
> with camel 2.7.2.
>
> Having looked at the code, it seems to me that the problem is in the
> instantiation of the
> org.apache.camel.component.cxf.spring.CxfSpringEndpointBean class.
>
> The empty constructor is called, which in turn calls super() which
> eventually instantiates
> a ReflectionServiceFactoryBean, whereas a JaxWsServiceFactoryBean should be
> used instead.
>
> The setServiceClass() method in ReflectionServiceFactoryBean calls the
> checkServiceClassAnnotations(serviceClass), where the warning is raised.
>
> JaxWsServiceFactoryBean overrides that method with an empty one.
>
> I don't know if this is a symptom of something else, but to me the warning
> seems wrong.
>
> Alberto

Willem