Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Marc Streckfuß <ma...@gmail.com> on 2019/08/19 20:45:16 UTC

[platform] Creating New Hint doesn't work due to missing Compiler Tree API

Hello Guys,

In my existing nb platform application I have problems upgrading from
8.2 to 9 or 11, because both break all the CodeHints I was using.
The Problem is that classes like Tree and TreePath (all com.sun.source
[.util]) are missing, while they don't seem to be with NB 8.2.

Unfortunately generating a black new hint (which doesn't extend
AbstractHint anymore) doesn't compile because of the line:
return ErrorDescriptionFactory.forName(ctx, ctx.getPath(),
Bundle.ERR_InternalMethodHint());
Here, HintContext#getPath() returns a TreePath, which belongs to the
Compiler API.

I would guess that you guys stopped deplyoing internal sun-libraries,
but then I read these classes should be part of the tools.jar of the JDK.
So why can't I work like that? Is it because my system still only has
oraclejdk 8 installed?

Thanks in Advance :)