Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by marouane albairat <ma...@hotmail.com> on 2002/05/03 17:38:17 UTC

Ignore entities

hi everyone,
I'm currently working on an information retrieval utility using java,
i use Jtidy to clean retrieved html into well formed xhtml,
wich i parse and transform using XERCES/XALAN.
Now that i went on optimizing my application, i found that (in some
precise conditions) writing a parser that would IGNORE xhtml entities
would improve the program performance, that means a non-validating
parser that would parse, for instance, the following file without
generating any errors:

i'd be grateful if anyone could be of any help.

cheers,
marwan.