Posted to user@pig.apache.org by data scientist <da...@gmail.com> on 2016/01/19 07:48:53 UTC

reading CSV file with commas in fields

Hello

I am  new to pig. My pig version is 0.11.0-cdh4.7.0. I have uploaded a CSV
file
to HDFS using Sqoop. File data kind of looks as follows.

1 , "foo, foo", 14, "temp"

So second field has a comma embedded it. How do I tell PigStorage function
to read this.

Thanks
9026

Re: reading CSV file with commas in fields

Posted by Arvind S <ar...@gmail.com>.
try using excelcsv storage from piggybank ..
the ref below is for pig 12 but i think you can find one for pig 11 also.

http://grepcode.com/file/repository.cloudera.com/content/repositories/releases/org.apache.pig/piggybank/0.12.0-cdh5.2.1/org/apache/pig/piggybank/storage/CSVExcelStorage.java

*Cheers !!*
Arvind