Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by "Alan D. Cabrera" <ad...@toolazydogs.com> on 2003/12/01 05:36:14 UTC

Interceptors

It seems that there have been some substantial changes in this area.
What are the plans on completing this work?  What do I need to do to
upgrade my interceptors?

Regards,
Alan

Re: Interceptors

Posted by Jeremy Boynes <je...@coredevelopers.net>.
Alan D. Cabrera wrote:

> It seems that there have been some substantial changes in this area.
> What are the plans on completing this work?  What do I need to do to
> upgrade my interceptors?
>

> Regards,
> Alan

Alan - apologies, I made the changes to the security interceptor and
meant to finish, then got cut off from my computer.

The reason this proved more complex than the other interceptors is that
it mixes Geronimo code with EJB specific functionality from OpenEJB.
This needs a careful choice of which interfaces should be defined by
Geronimo and which by OpenEJB.

My current thinking is that EJBSecurityInterceptor should be moved to
OpenEJB, leaving the security implementation in Geronimo but placing the
hook for EJBs in OpenEJB.

The alternative would be to bring interfaces like EJBInvocation,
EJBInstanceContext and TransactionContext into Geronimo. The downside to
this though is that some of these are specific to the OpenEJB
implementation and are not suitably generic.

Thoughts?

--
Jeremy