Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com> on 2009/03/30 14:13:27 UTC

[classlib/luni] check for invalid socket before I/O operations (HARMONY-6131)

I would like to propose that this is fixed for M9, since it is part of
the remaining blocker for declaring the milestone.

Any committers support applying this patch?

Thanks,
Tim

Re: [classlib/luni] check for invalid socket before I/O operations (HARMONY-6131)

Posted by Oliver Deakin <ol...@googlemail.com>.
+1

Checked on Linux - I don't see any negative effects, and it fixes the
RegistryTest crash and ConnectionTest EOFException failures for me.

Regards,
Oliver

--
Oliver Deakin
Unless stated otherwise above:

Re: [classlib/luni] check for invalid socket before I/O operations (HARMONY-6131)

Posted by Sean Qiu <se...@gmail.com>.
+1

2009/3/30 Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>:
> I would like to propose that this is fixed for M9, since it is part of
> the remaining blocker for declaring the milestone.
>
> Any committers support applying this patch?
>
> Thanks,
> Tim
>
> Tim Ellison (JIRA) wrote:
>> Tim Ellison reassigned HARMONY-6131:
>> ------------------------------------
>>
>>     Assignee: Tim Ellison
>>
>>> [classlib/luni] check for invalid socket before I/O operations
>>>
>>>                 Key: HARMONY-6131
>>>             Project: Harmony
>>>          Issue Type: Bug
>>>          Components: Classlib
>>>            Reporter: Stanley Gambarin
>>>            Assignee: Tim Ellison
>>>         Attachments: OSNetworkSystem.c.patch
>>>

>>> new socket I/O code does not check before read/write operations for invalid sockets (it used to).
>>> This may cause a crash if we are trying to write to a closed/reset socket.

--
Best Regards
Sean, Xiao Xia Qiu