Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Bushby <mi...@yahoo.com> on 2007/10/18 22:06:48 UTC

Implementation question of WebMarkupContainer

I have a use case where an admin manages html for the user side of an
application.  The html is stored in the database.  When the user selects a
link from a menu the html is then pulled from the database and displayed.

I have created a custom object extending WebMarkupContainer. I override the
onComponentTagBody method to get the response object and write the html to
the response.  Is this the correct way to do this?, meaning clean and
reusable, or should I be looking at creating a resource and adding it with
the application object.

Thanks
Bushby

Re: Implementation question of WebMarkupContainer

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.
Read up on models [1].

The user selects a menu item, so probably your page has something like this:

class mypage extends webpage {
    private MenuItem selectedMenuItem = null;
}

If the menuitem class has a property called "itemMarkup" you can do this:

add(new Label("contents", new PropertyModel(mypage.this,
"selectedMenuItem.itemMarkup")).setEscapeModelStrings(false));

Martijn

Posted by Frank Bille <fr...@apache.org>.
Use a model on the label instead. If the content changes the label will pull
the latest from the model.

Frank

Posted by Bushby <mi...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.