Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by ft420 <ar...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/24 14:32:33 UTC

how to use qpid-tools for c++ broker

Hi
I downloaded http://www.apache.org/dist/qpid/M4/qpid-python-M4.tar.gz  from http://qpid.apache.org/download.html but how to install this? does this cmd tools requires python be preinstalled in the system?
I tried the tools in /python/commands folder but it gives command not found error..
i did check the FAQ where in following is given::
How to install the qpid-tools for c++ broker?
I see
[commands]$ ./qpid-queue-stats
 Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "./qpid-queue-stats", line 29, in
 from qmf.console import Session, Console
 ImportError: No module named qmf.consoleThis problem occurs because the PYTHONPATH environment variable does not include the location of the qpid python files. If you are running from the SVN checkout, add <path>/qpid/python to PYTHONPATH (where <path> is the location of your SVN tree). If you are installing from source, make sure you configure with the same prefix where Python is installed. This is most likely:

# configure --prefix=/usr
# make
# make install
If you are running from vendor RPMs, this should work automatically.

there is no configure file in qpid-python-M4?? i am confused as to how to use the qpid-tools???
Thanks

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: how to use qpid-tools for c++ broker

Posted by ft420 <ar...@gmail.com>.
I carried out following from qpidc-0.4 folder

./configure --prefix=/usr/local
make
make install

But still i am not able to use the commands from python/commands
qpid-config qpid-tool etc are not working, gives error command not found..

Please help....

Posted by ft420 <ar...@gmail.com>.
I did not get you could you please explain me what exactly has to be done?

thanks

I had the same problem. To make work my qpid python tools on my ubuntu I need to make a little change in the file : [qpid_python_install]/specs/amqp.0-10-qpid-errata.xml

my diff :

-<!DOCTYPE amqp SYSTEM "amqp.0-10.dtd">
+<!DOCTYPE amqp SYSTEM "file:///home/mffrench/work/AMQP/QPID/qpid/specs/amqp.0-10.dtd">

It should be usable then

++

I have python installed on my machine and  i did set the environment variable PYTHONPATH but still problem is persist...

You need python installed and you need to set your python path in the
directory above commands.

qpid-tool is a good one to start with.

qpid-tool <queueserver>

need to wait a little for results.