Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Amn Ojee Uw <am...@gmail.com> on 2023/01/26 17:09:23 UTC

systemctl start - fails

When I type 'sudo systemctl start tomcat' I get this error!

/*Job for tomcat.service failed because the control process exited with
error code.*/

Does anyone know what is causing this error?

Thanks

AW: systemctl start - fails

Posted by "Thomas Hoffmann (Speed4Trade GmbH)" <Th...@speed4trade.com.INVALID>.
Hello,

Please check syslog and all log files of tomcat for the root cause.
You will find the cause in one of these logfiles.

Greetings! Thomas