Posted to dev@tiles.apache.org by Mick Semb Wever <mc...@apache.org> on 2011/08/26 18:05:25 UTC

Site documentation up for tiles-autotag, tiles-request, tiles-eval, and TILES-3

Tiles-2.2 documentation has been backed up to
http://tiles.apache.org/2.2/

And Tiles-3.0 documentation is now in its place and referenced from the
front page.

And the new sites...
  tiles-autotag :: http://tiles.apache.org/autotag/
  tiles-request :: http://tiles.apache.org/request/
  tiles-eval    :: http://tiles.apache.org/eval/

All sites have been built and deployed with maven-3.

Still to do is more description on the new site front pages, filling out
the "What's New in Tiles-3" information, and checking if information on
tiles-parent front page is still accurate...

~mck

--
"The future influences the present just as much as the past." Friedrich
Nietzsche

Re: Site documentation up for tiles-autotag, tiles-request, tiles-eval, and TILES-3

Posted by Greg Reddin <gr...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, Aug 28, 2011 at 1:10 AM, Antonio Petrelli
<an...@gmail.com> wrote:
> AFAIK subprojects' names are not trademarkable. The trademark is only on
> Tiles itself.

I'm pretty sure that's correct.
Greg

Re: Site documentation up for tiles-autotag, tiles-request, tiles-eval, and TILES-3

Posted by Mck <mi...@wever.org>.
On Sun, 2011-08-28 at 08:10 +0200, Antonio Petrelli wrote:
> 2011/8/27 Mick Semb Wever <mc...@apache.org>
>
> > I'm not too sure how apache trademarks work around subprojects.
> > From what i read on http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/ is seems
> > it's all automatic and ok.
> >

> AFAIK subprojects' names are not trademarkable. The trademark is only on
> Tiles itself.

How does/did it work with Commons and Jakarta projects?
eg see http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/list/#subprojects

Otherwise i've removed the trademark symbol from the title of these
frontpages (for now).

~mck

--
"Enlightenment is your ego's biggest disappointment." Yoginanda

| http://semb.wever.org | http://sesat.no |
| http://tech.finn.no   | Java XSS Filter |

Re: Site documentation up for tiles-autotag, tiles-request, tiles-eval, and TILES-3

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.
2011/8/27 Mick Semb Wever <mc...@apache.org>

> I'm not too sure how apache trademarks work around subprojects.
> From what i read on http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/ is seems
> it's all automatic and ok.

AFAIK subprojects' names are not trademarkable. The trademark is only on
Tiles itself.

Antonio

Re: Site documentation up for tiles-autotag, tiles-request, tiles-eval, and TILES-3

Posted by Mick Semb Wever <mc...@apache.org>.
> Still to do is more description on the new site front pages, filling out
> the "What's New in Tiles-3" information,

primitively done, just re-using what Antonio has already written in
places. "Deprecations in Tiles 3.0" (in "What's New...") is still to
do...

I'm not too sure how apache trademarks work around subprojects.
From what i read on http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/ is seems
it's all automatic and ok.

> and checking if information on
> tiles-parent front page is still accurate...

still to do...

~mck

--
“An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has
come.” - Victor Hugo

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.
Great job Mick!