Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Jack Repenning <jr...@collab.net> on 2003/07/26 01:52:27 UTC

Re: How to backup a running script? and how to recover out-of-sync file?

At 2:43 AM +0100 7/26/03, Philip Martin wrote:
>After the failed commit was the working copy locked, that's a
>Subversion lock where 'svn st' shows state 'L'?

This wasn't actually a failed commit, I think.  As the messages
announced, the commit itself worked, it was only the fix-up of the WC
(and text-base) that choked.

--
-==-
Jack Repenning

Re: How to backup a running script? and how to recover out-of-sync file?

Posted by Philip Martin <ph...@codematters.co.uk>.
Jack Repenning <jr...@collab.net> writes:

> At 2:43 AM +0100 7/26/03, Philip Martin wrote:
>>After the failed commit was the working copy locked, that's a
>>Subversion lock where 'svn st' shows state 'L'?
>
> This wasn't actually a failed commit, I think.

By "failed commit" I meant "'svn commit' producing an error".

> As the messages
> announced, the commit itself worked, it was only the fix-up of the WC
> (and text-base) that choked.

I realised that, I thought I explained the failure mechanism in my
mail :-/

--
Philip Martin