Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by joelsherriff <jo...@comcast.net> on 2005/04/26 01:16:15 UTC

Any better way to do this?

I want to setup what is basically a blog server - so that user's must login
and can then access
their personal blog, but nobody elses.  I think I can do this using a
servlet filter to trap requests to the
blog pages, lookup the user's blog page url using the session info, and
modify the request to point
to his/her own blog, regardless of what blog they initially requested.

Seems like there ought to be a better way but I'm pretty new to tomcat so
.... is there?

Re: Any better way to do this?

Posted by joelsherriff <jo...@comcast.net>.
Thanks for the input.  Very appreciated.  There seem to be so many
configuration options in tomcat that I wasn't
sure if I was trying to use filters when something else was already there
waiting for me to use.