Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com> on 2006/01/17 03:10:35 UTC

Past due quarterly reports for Incubator

Guys,

The reminders are posted on general@incubator.apache.org every quarter.  A
quarterly report is one of the requirements for projects in the Incubator,
so that the Board knows how things are going.

Missing from http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/IncubatorBoardReport2006Q1:

	Felix
	Roller
	FTPServer

	mod_ftp (HTTP)
	log4net (Logging)
	log4php (Logging)
	Tobago (MyFaces)
	TSIK (WS)
	WSRP4J (WS? Portals?)

Please submit your report IMMEDIATELY (PMCs: please ensure that your
sponsored projects are getting their reports in).

	--- Noel

Re: Past due quarterly reports for Incubator

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
WSRP4J is with Portals PMC

thanks,
dims

Posted by Ted Husted <te...@gmail.com>.
OK, I posted the report update to the wiki page with the change:

"Since our last report, we've added another new committer, Matt Schmidt,
bringing the tally to seven committers and PPMC members."

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.
He was on the 2005 Q4 report.

Posted by Anil Gangolli <an...@busybuddha.org>.

Posted by David M Johnson <Da...@Sun.COM>.

Posted by Ted Husted <te...@gmail.com>.
On 1/18/06, Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Have to disagree. Only complaint I've seen from the board is when the
> report lacks information; not over the style of bullet-point vs prose.
> If you check db.apache.org's report out this month, it's entirely
> bulletpoint.

I didn't mean to imply that the bullet format was a problem. But, as a
matter of fact, board members have complained about other status
reports that I myself have written that focused too much on project
metrics.

One of our core beliefs is that great communities create great
software. Aside from IP issues, what the board wants to know most of
all is whether the community is healthy. If the community is healthy,
we believe the project metrics will follow as a matter of course.

-Ted.

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Husted <te...@gmail.com>.
I should mention that the board does take Status Reports seriously.

An ASF project does have a wide degree of lattitude in the day-to-day
management. The one thing that board asks is that we report on the
health of the *community* every three months. The bullet list Roller
has up now would *not* be an acceptable report for a top-level
project.

* http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/IncubatorBoardReport2006Q1

What they really want is something more like a blog, like what
ActiveMQ and Harmony posted. Just working with what is there, a
redraft might read:

----

[...]

If something like this seems all right, we should update the wiki page
so that Noel can submit his aggregate report.

-Ted.

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.
I've put up a basic one with the core details that I know of. Feel
free to add to it :)

I need to start remembering that the Incubator reports are due the
month after the Jakarta one is. Tend not to pay enough attention to
general@incubator to notice the reminder there.

Hen