Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Diego Rodríguez Martín <dr...@altiria.com> on 2009/05/11 12:19:34 UTC

Failover backOffMultiplier

Hi,

    I am using ActiveMQ 5.2.0 in a windows box.

    I have been trying to set backOffMultiplier parameter when using
failover high level protocol through a ActiveMQConnectionFactory. When I
start the connection factory it complains about illegal parameter
backOffMultiplier.

    I have been looking through the code, and I have seen that every
parameter in connection url must have a setter method, (findSetterMethod
in IntrospectionSupport) to be a valid parameter. So I looked at
org.apache.activemq.transport.failover.FailoverTransport. Although it
has an attribute named backOffMultiplier, setter for that method is
named setReconnectDelayExponent.

    I have tried setting reconnectDelayExponent in the connection url
and everything has worked ok.

    Where is the mistake? should the code be changed or the docs
(http://activemq.apache.org/failover-transport-reference.html)?

Diego Rodríguez Martín (drodriguez@altiria.com)
ALTIRIA TIC - Servicios SMS - Desarrollo Web
http://www.altiria.com

Re: Failover backOffMultiplier

Posted by Christian Posta <ch...@gmail.com>.
fixed. wiki takes a couple hours to propagate changes... you should see
them soon

On Fri, May 3, 2013 at 9:40 AM, ebudan <eb...@basen.net> wrote:

> This discrepancy between documentation and code persists in ActiveMQ 5.8.0.
> Just as Diego stated in 2009, the page
> http://activemq.apache.org/failover-transport-reference.html
> specifies 'backOffMultiplier', but the setter/getter in FailoverTransport
> have been renamed to set/getReconnectDelayExponent(). This will leave
> anyone
> relying on the documents doing a prolonged code perusal into the property
> reflector logic.
>
> The fix is trivial for anyone able to edit activemq.apache.org web
> contents.
>
> All the best,
> //e

*Christian Posta*