Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Wolf Benz <eu...@gmail.com> on 2006/07/07 16:32:01 UTC

not one proper working HTML editor??!

Hi List,

With growing frustration (cf earlier posts) I've been trying to get
"one" HTML editor to work over te last week!
It's nice to have a lot of comonents, but this basic (and often
requested) component that would actually WORK, an HTML editor, would
be very welcome.

What went wrong?

The Kupu (Tomahawk) fails in numerous browsers. (cf MyFaces site)
The TinyMCE works, of all browsers I tested it in, only in Safari on
OSX. (in the others the rich-editing buttons don't even show up)
The Dojo-thing doens't work either, although I properly installed
sandbox & followed all advice given on the website (cf earlier post
on how to add resources)

Bottom line: a lot competing solutions, not one really works as it
should with JSF. (add resource probs/browser comptb probs)
This is bad. Bad for JSF, frustrating for developers.

Wolf