Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Clemens Eisserer <li...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/05 14:21:16 UTC

Tomcat with support for asyn servlets (3.0)?

Hi,

Is there some version of tomcat which implements support for
suspend/resume servlet functionality currently discussed in the JSR?
I know Jetty6/NIO has a proprietary API for this, but if possible I
would prefer to build it arround the expected standard way.

Thank you in advance, Clemens

Re: Tomcat with support for asyn servlets (3.0)?

Posted by Clemens Eisserer <li...@gmail.com>.
> There is a draft 3.0 spec but no APIs at present. Once there is a draft
> with some APIs I image there will be a Tomcat 7 branch that will remain
> alpha at least until the spec is final.
Thanks :)

lg Clemens

Re: Tomcat with support for asyn servlets (3.0)?

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
Clemens Eisserer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there some version of tomcat which implements support for
> suspend/resume servlet functionality currently discussed in the JSR?
> I know Jetty6/NIO has a proprietary API for this, but if possible I
> would prefer to build it arround the expected standard way.

There is a draft 3.0 spec but no APIs at present. Once there is a draft
with some APIs I image there will be a Tomcat 7 branch that will remain
alpha at least until the spec is final.

Mark