Posted to repository@apache.org by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com> on 2006/07/19 23:39:28 UTC

Further repo rules?

I'm working on some more monitor scripting. Here's what I thought I
should be looking for:

1) Anything in an ibiblio-rsync repository with SNAPSHOT in it.
2) Anything in an m1 repository called maven-metadata.xml*.
3) Any directory that is not 775
4) Any maven-metadata.xml file that is not 775
5) Any file that is not 755
6) Any file/dir that does not have a group of apcvs

Report is:

These files should not exist - please delete
1)       9
2)  123

These have incorrect permissions - should be 775
3)   952
4) 6884

These have incorrect permissions - should be 755
5)  65810

These files should be owned by apcvs
====================================
6)   9947

The first two seem like obvious ones to check on - how about the rest?
Should we allow 775 or 664, and any group as an owner?

Hen

Re: Further repo rules?

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.
Talked with infra guys about that - it's a worry because it would have
to run as root and people could just do things like making a symlink
to /etc/passwd.

So I'm going the notification route.

Hen

Re: Further repo rules?

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@apache.org>.

--
I could give you my word as a Spaniard.
No good. I've known too many Spaniards.

Re: Further repo rules?

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
On Thursday 20 July 2006 05:39, Henri Yandell wrote:
> 4) Any maven-metadata.xml file that is not 775
> 5) Any file that is not 755

Files with x flag set?? Nah... IMHO. 664 & 644 respectively.

Cheers
Niclas