Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Glenn Macgregor <gm...@pocketkings.ie> on 2009/04/01 17:44:40 UTC

geronimo-javamail-1.4 problem

Hi All,

I am using servicemix-4.0.0 which integrates geronimo-javamail-1.4. I am connecting to an exchange server via imap(s) and getting a NullPointerException in the login phase.

>> a001 CAPABILITY
<< OK The Microsoft Exchange IMAP4 service is ready.
<< CAPABILITY IMAP4 IMAP4rev1 AUTH=NTLM AUTH=GSSAPI AUTH=PLAIN STARTTLS IDLE NAMESPACE LITERAL+
<< a001 OK CAPABILITY completed.
>> a002 AUTHENTICATE PLAIN
<< +

>> == sent
<< == received

As far as I can tell when we receive the + we get a null pointer exception:
                                Java.lang.NullPointerException at org.apache.geronimo.javamail.store.imap.connection.IMAPTaggedResponse.isBAD(IMAPTaggedResponse.java:86)

Is this a known issue?

Thanks

 Glenn

Re: geronimo-javamail-1.4 problem

Posted by Rick McGuire <ri...@gmail.com>.
Glenn Macgregor wrote:

> Hi All,
>

> I am using servicemix-4.0.0 which integrates geronimo-javamail-1.4. I
> am connecting to an exchange server via imap(s) and getting a
> NullPointerException in the login phase.
>

> >> a001 CAPABILITY
>
> << OK The Microsoft Exchange IMAP4 service is ready.
>
> << CAPABILITY IMAP4 IMAP4rev1 AUTH=NTLM AUTH=GSSAPI AUTH=PLAIN
> STARTTLS IDLE NAMESPACE LITERAL+
>
> << a001 OK CAPABILITY completed.
>
> >> a002 AUTHENTICATE PLAIN
>
> << +
>

> >> == sent
>
> << == received
>

> As far as I can tell when we receive the + we get a null pointer
> exception:
>
>                                 Java.lang.NullPointerException at
> org.apache.geronimo.javamail.store.imap.connection.IMAPTaggedResponse.isBAD(IMAPTaggedResponse.java:86)
>

> Is this a known issue?

Please open a Jira for this.  This looks like a fairly trivial (and
embarrassing bug).  It looks like the parsing of the continuation
characters was looking for the wrong character, which basically breaks
anything other than the most basic of login mechanisms.

Rick

Posted by Rick McGuire <ri...@gmail.com>.
Glenn Macgregor wrote:

> Hi All,
>

> I am using servicemix-4.0.0 which integrates geronimo-javamail-1.4. I
> am connecting to an exchange server via imap(s) and getting a
> NullPointerException in the login phase.
>

> >> a001 CAPABILITY
>
> << OK The Microsoft Exchange IMAP4 service is ready.
>
> << CAPABILITY IMAP4 IMAP4rev1 AUTH=NTLM AUTH=GSSAPI AUTH=PLAIN
> STARTTLS IDLE NAMESPACE LITERAL+
>
> << a001 OK CAPABILITY completed.
>
> >> a002 AUTHENTICATE PLAIN
>
> << +
>

> >> == sent
>
> << == received
>

> As far as I can tell when we receive the + we get a null pointer
> exception:
>
>                                 Java.lang.NullPointerException at
> org.apache.geronimo.javamail.store.imap.connection.IMAPTaggedResponse.isBAD(IMAPTaggedResponse.java:86)
>

> Is this a known issue?

This is the first time I've seen this.  A full stack trace would be
helpful for troubleshooting this.

Rick