Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Gorkem Ercan <go...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/09 15:43:05 UTC

Is CPR going offline

Hi,
Our announced date Oct 15 is next week.
Will CPR be go offline as planned or do we see that we should give it
more time.
--
Gorkem

RE: Is CPR going offline

Posted by Parashuram N <pa...@microsoft.com>.
To follow up on this, we discussed it at the face to face. Steve has an action item to look at the download count for CPR - at the moment, the number of requests seem to make it hard to shut down. Carlos also said if we could get cloudant to host this registry.

Posted by Steven Gill <st...@gmail.com>.

Re: Is CPR going offline

Posted by Carlos Santana <cs...@gmail.com>.

Re: Is CPR going offline

Posted by Gorkem Ercan <go...@gmail.com>.
+1

RE: Is CPR going offline

Posted by Nikhil Khandelwal <ni...@microsoft.com>.
I am in favor of keeping it running without making any updates. There is fairly high % of users using cordova cli version < cordova 5 (~25% based on survey responses). Since our survey is not yet broadly publicized, but only using twitter, this number is likely higher.

We should look at download numbers from CPR and when they become sufficiently low, then we should decide to take it offline.

Our switch to plugins.cordova.io use the new plugin search will likely push people to upgrade to the new CLI versions and phase out CPR - but it's going to take more time than another week (our initial phase out date).

-Nikhil

Re: Is CPR going offline

Posted by Carlos Santana <cs...@gmail.com>.