Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Gabor Nagypal <na...@gmail.com> on 2005/09/06 10:37:33 UTC

DirectLink parameter passing with PopupLinkRenderer bug?

Hi,

We would like to pass parameters to a pop-up window under Tapestry 3.0.3.
We use the DirectLink component with contrib.PopupLinkRenderer, in the
following way:

In the .page spec:
<bean name="popup" class="org.apache.tapestry.contrib.link.PopupLinkRenderer">

In the page template:
listener="ognl:listeners.parametersTest"
renderer="ognl:beans.popup"><span jwcid="@Insert" value="ognl:text"/>
(popup)</a><br/>

(The page class has a getText() method which return a string.)

The problem is that with the PopupLinkRenderer the parameter does not
get transported properly, if the parameter string contains any
"problematic" characters, such as '#'. E.g. if we want to have an URI
like "http://foo.org#bar" transported, we receive in the listener
method only "http://foo.org".
If we do not use the PopupLinkRenderer renderer, all parameters get
transported properly, but it would be quite important for us to use a
pop-up window.

Is it a known bug in PopupLinkRenderer? Do you have any ideas how to
solve the problem?

Thanks,

Gabor