Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Srimathi <me...@gmail.com> on 2012/01/26 07:35:42 UTC

Order of webparams of web service interface generated using wsdltojava tool

Hi,
I'm interested in knowing the standard followed in cxf to identify the order
of webparams of web service interface generated using wsdltojava tool. Is it
safe to cast the header args without checking their types during header
handling?
Thanks!

Re: Order of webparams of web service interface generated using wsdltojava tool

Posted by Srimathi <me...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dan,
Thanks for your pointer.
We have created a method around interceptor (we also calculate response
time) in order to build and append response headers to outgoing messages,
where we have argument object array. So we may need to cast argument objects
to header types.
Could you please point me to a better way of adding response headers to
outgoing messages?

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Wednesday, January 25, 2012 10:35:42 PM Srimathi wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm interested in knowing the standard followed in cxf to identify the order
> of webparams of web service interface generated using wsdltojava tool.

This is all governed by the JAX-WS spec.   Specifically, Section 2.3.2 of the
spec covers how the order is determined, how the return type is determined,
etc...

> Is
> it safe to cast the header args without checking their types during header
> handling?

Not sure I understand this question.   If wsdl2java has generated a parameter
for it, it would be a typed parameter that doesn't really require any casting.

Dan

> Thanks!

Daniel Kulp