Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by David Hofmann <mo...@hotmail.com> on 2005/06/21 16:51:09 UTC

[users@httpd] IE Default Error Page

I've read about the fact that IE overrides the default error page if the
error page is under 512 bytes. The HTML part of my 404 error page is 7270
bytes, yet IE is still displaying it's default error page. Netscape and
Firefox both display my 404 error page properly so I know the page is coming
up.

Any idea what the problem could be? or any way to try to find the problem?

David Hofmann

Re: [users@httpd] IE Default Error Page

Posted by Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com>.
On 6/21/05, David Hofmann <mo...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I've read about the fact that IE overrides the default error page if the
> error page is under 512 bytes. The HTML part of my 404 error page is 7270
> bytes, yet IE is still displaying it's default error page. Netscape and
> Firefox both display my 404 error page properly so I know the page is coming
> up.
>
> Any idea what the problem could be? or any way to try to find the problem?

Can you give us a URL to look at?

Joshua.