Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Alex Soto <al...@envieta.com> on 2015/05/21 21:05:53 UTC

Using shared Netty configuration with Rest DSL

I would like to reuse the same Netty Service that is configured outside of the Rest DSL.  For example I have the Netty and SSL configuration:

<camel:sslContextParameters id="sslParams">
 <camel:keyManagers keyPassword="changeit">
   <camel:keyStore resource="{{env:HOME}}/localhost.jks" password="changeit" type="JKS" provider="SUN"/>
 </camel:keyManagers>
 <camel:trustManagers>
   <camel:keyStore resource="{{env:HOME}}/localhost.jks" password="changeit" type="JKS" provider="SUN"/>
 </camel:trustManagers>
</camel:sslContextParameters>

<bean id="configuration" class="org.apache.camel.component.netty4.http.NettySharedHttpServerBootstrapConfiguration">
   <property name="port" value="8890"/>
   <property name="host" value="0.0.0.0"/>
   <property name="backlog" value="50"/>
   <property name="sslContextParameters" ref="sslParams"/>
   <property name="ssl" value="true"/>
</bean>

<bean id="sharedNettyHttpServer" class="org.apache.camel.component.netty4.http.DefaultNettySharedHttpServer" init-method="start" destroy-method="stop">
   <property name="nettyServerBootstrapConfiguration" ref="configuration"/>
</bean>

Now in my Camel Context I declare the Rest DSL:

<camelContext id="camel-context-name" trace="true" xmlns="http://camel.apache.org/schema/spring <http://camel.apache.org/schema/spring>">

 <restConfiguration component="netty4-http" >
 	  <camel:componentProperty key="nettySharedHttpServer" value="#sharedNettyHttpServer"/>
	  <componentProperty key="nettyServerBootstrapConfiguration" value="#configuration"/>
 	  <camel:endpointProperty key="nettyServerBootstrapConfiguration" value="#configuration"/>
 </restConfiguration>

 <rest path="/customers/">
 	<get uri="/{id}">
	    <to uri="direct:getCustomers"/>
	</get>
	<get uri="/{id}/orders">
	    <to uri="direct:getCustomerOrders"/>
	</get>
	<post uri="/neworder">
	    <to uri="direct:newOrder"/>
	</post>
</rest>

However, it does not seem to be picking up the shared configuration.  Log file shows:

BootstrapFactory on port 0 is using bootstrap configuration: [NettyServerBootstrapConfiguration{protocol='tcp', host=‘XXXXX.local', port=0, broadcast=false, sendBufferSize=65536, receiveBufferSize=65536, receiveBufferSizePredictor=0, workerCount=0, bossCount=1, keepAlive=true, tcpNoDelay=true, reuseAddress=true, connectTimeout=10000, backlog=0, serverInitializerFactory=org.apache.camel.component.netty4.http.HttpServerInitializerFactory@2db0d008, nettyServerBootstrapFactory=null, options=null, ssl=false, sslHandler=null, sslContextParameters='null', needClientAuth=false, enabledProtocols='TLSv1,TLSv1.1,TLSv1.2, keyStoreFile=null, trustStoreFile=null, keyStoreResource='null', trustStoreResource='null', keyStoreFormat='JKS', securityProvider='SunX509', passphrase='null', bossGroup=null, workerGroup=null, networkInterface='null’}]

I could not find any examples of how to accomplish this.  Any hints?

Best regards,
Alex soto

Re: Using shared Netty configuration with Rest DSL

Posted by arnaudeprez <ar...@gmail.com>.
Hi Claus,

I confirm there is a glitch here when we use componentProperty instead of
endpointProperty for netty4-http component.
I suppose it's more related to the new rest dsl than the component itself.

I'm not able to find an issue for that. Is that taken into account ?
Otherwise I can log a new issue for that.

Rgds,

A.

Re: Using shared Netty configuration with Rest DSL

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

componentProperty is for setting options on the component level.

It becomes clearer in the future when the component docs is auto
generated based on the source code, so all options is listed and up to
date. Today its a manual process in wiki for the docs.

--
Claus Ibsen
-----------------

Re: Using shared Netty configuration with Rest DSL

Posted by Alex Soto <al...@envieta.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

--
Claus Ibsen

Re: Using shared Netty configuration with Rest DSL

Posted by Alex Soto <al...@envieta.com>.
It is working now.  Thanks!

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.