Posted to users@maven.apache.org by rolf poo <ro...@mail.com> on 2010/05/05 12:53:23 UTC

Retrieve .war from repository and store in filesystem

Hi,

I want to install my .war in the tomcat/webapps folder. I want to retrieve
the .war from my maven repository and I don't find the right command to do
that.

Input parameters should be repository url, group, artifact id, version and
it should store the file on disk.

Please help!

ropo

Re: Retrieve .war from repository and store in filesystem

Posted by Brendan Sibre <bt...@gmail.com>.
We created a new project POM (type war) with the real war as a dependency.
Setting the finalName accomplishes a rename (to strip the version number).
This also allows us to overlay a META-INF/context.xml to configure JNDI
stuff.

We call mvn package and then copy from a shell script.

But, as Subir mentioned, there are a lot of ways to do this.

Posted by su...@wipro.com.