Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Anton Schoultz <An...@discovery.co.za> on 2007/08/01 11:03:43 UTC

WebLogic Deployment - class not found error

Hi all,

I am trying to get deployment to a WebLogic Server (9.2.x) working.
Deployment will be to local box (win xp) or to a remote server so I am
trying to do this as a remote deployment - with the local box as the
target (if that makes sense?) so retargeting the deployment should be
simple (just change adminServerHostName etc. (probably with profiles).

I have a war file on my box at D:\build\child\target\child.war
Within the child project I have the following pom (some bits omitted
here)

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<project>

  <dependencies>
  </dependencies>

  <build>
    <plugins>

      <plugin><!-- Plugin for deploy to weblogic 9.2.x -->
        <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
        <artifactId>weblogic-maven-plugin</artifactId>
        <version>2.9.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
        <configuration>
          <adminServerHostName>localhost</adminServerHostName>
          <adminServerPort>7001</adminServerPort>
          <adminServerProtocol>http</adminServerProtocol>
          <userId>userid</userId>
          <password>password</password>
          <upload>true</upload>
          <remote>true</remote>
          <verbose>true</verbose>
          <debug>false</debug>
          <targetNames>servicingserver</targetNames>

          <artifactPath>D:\build\child\target\child.war</artifactPath>
          <name>DeployName</name>
          <projectPackaging>war</projectPackaging>

        </configuration>
      </plugin>

    </plugins>
  </build>

</project>

I have the following in my repository and repository is configured ok.
...repository\org\codehaus\mojo\weblogic-maven-plugin\2.9.0-SNAPSHOT
...repository\weblogic\weblogic\9.2
...repository\weblogic\webservices\9.2
(these folders have both the jar and the pom)

Running from within the child project, I kick off with
> mvn weblogic:deploy

I get the following trace which indicates a NoClassDefFoundError :-

[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] Searching repository for plugin with prefix: 'weblogic'.
Downloading:
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/codehaus/mojo/mojo/13/mojo-13.pom
8K downloaded
[INFO]
----
[INFO] Building child
[INFO]    task-segment: [weblogic:deploy]
[INFO]
----
[INFO] [weblogic:deploy]
[INFO] Weblogic Deployment beginning with parameters
DeployMojoBase[adminServerHostName = localhost, adminServerProtocol =
http, adminServerPort = 7001, userId = userid, password = password,
artifactPath = D:\build\child\target\child.war, projectPackaging = war,
name = DeployName, targetNames = servicingserver, remote = true]
[INFO]
[ERROR] FATAL ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] weblogic/Deployer
[INFO]
[INFO] Trace
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: weblogic/Deployer
        at
org.codehaus.mojo.weblogic.DeployMojo.execute(DeployMojo.java:56)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPluginMa
nager.java:443)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(Default
LifecycleExecutor.java:539)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeStandaloneGoa
l(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:493)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(DefaultL
ifecycleExecutor.java:463)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandle
Failures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:311)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(
DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:278)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifec
ycleExecutor.java:143)
        at
org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:334)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:125)
        at
a:39)
        at
Impl.java:25)
        at
        at
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: 7 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Wed Aug 01 10:44:13 CAT 2007
[INFO] Final Memory: 2M/4M
[INFO]

What have I missed out ?

Many Thanks in advance

Anton Schoultz
Senior Java developer
Life Systems - Servicing
Discovery Life
Direct: +27 11 529 1636
Mobile: +27 83 651 7191
Email: AntonSc@discovery.co.za

Discovery Holdings Limited

Registration number: 1999/007789/06

This message and any attachments are confidential and intended solely for the addressee. If you have received this message in error, please notify Discovery immediately, telephone number +27 11 529 2888. Any unauthorised use; alteration or dissemination of the contents of this email is strictly prohibited. In no event will Discovery or the sender be liable in any manner whatsoever to any person for any loss or any direct, indirect, special or consequential damages arising from use of this email or any linked website, including, without limitation, from any lost profits, business interruption, loss of programmes or other data that may be stored on any information handling system or otherwise from any assurance that this email is virus free even if Discovery is expressly advised of the possibility of such damages. Discovery is an Authorised Financial Services Provider. A full list of directors is available on our website at
https://www.discovery.co.za/index_login.jhtml?p_content=/investor_relations/directorate.jhtml alternatively, to obtain a full list of Directors via email, please email directors_list@discovery.co.za

Re: WebLogic Deployment - class not found error

Posted by Scott Ryan <sc...@theryansplace.com>.
I would crack open the weblogic.jar to make sure that class is in the
jar that you have labeled weblogic-9.2.jar in your repository.  Since
the system is not complaining about not being able to find the jar it
must be there but I have seen many people mislabeling the jars or
sending empty jars to the repository.

Scott Ryan

CTO Soaring Eagle L.L.C.
Denver, Co. 80129